Thread: Worst knee pain ever!

Thanks

Default Worst knee pain ever!

Happy Thursday,
    I'm having the worst joint pain ever. I could barely walk to class this morning and trudging up the hill to my apartment was the worst. I've never had this bad pain, I can hardly walk. Does anyone know any quick remedies? I'm going to take more prednisone and advil, but I can't wait for it to kick in.
    Thanks!!

Thanks

This sounds like something where a quick remedy probably won't help much. It sounds like you need to call your doctor, because there are several things that can cause severe knee pain. Do you have any pain medications other than advil? You might get some temporary relief from a cold pack or ice pack, rest, and elevating your legs.

Thanks

Is your pain behind the kneecap? I used to get that alot when I first developed lupus. My rhemy said it wasn't lupus - bursitis maybe?? It was the worst - its horrible. I don't think upping the prednisone helped me either. I have always found lots of Motrin or Naproxen to work well for pain. I hope it clears soon and I wish I had some better advice for you. Hope its better soon!
    Karen
    PS Do you use oat bags (the kind you microwave) you put it around your neck and its a little piece of heaven. I find when I have alot of pain, just having it on my neck is very soothing.