Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accupuncture

Thanks

Default Accupuncture

Has really been helping me manage my stress levels. I don't know why it works for me, but it does. Now I deal much better, and remain calmer.

I've always been a very "wired" person -- and have never managed the calming in meditation, Yoga, etc.

Just wanted to toss that out there to the forum, maybe it will work for other people....

Thanks

I loved accupunture when I was able to have it - it helped my back pain a lot, but I'm on such high doses of blood thinners now, I would probably leak like a sieve! But I'm reallly glad it's helping you!

Thanks

Default Ahhhh, acupuncture...

I love acupuncture, been doing it for years. Sometimes I fall asleep on the table like I've been dosed with morphine. I've always used it for my lupus and body pain. Blue Cross covers it too! I mean I go twice a week, but every little bit helps.

Thanks

I also love acupuncture and my labs for my kidneys seem to be better when I'm doing it regularly. It has also helped with seasonal allergies for me, not to mention the fact that it's just very relaxing. I feel like I'm going to a spa, and my insurance covers it! I think that's mandatory in Washington state.

If you haven't tried it, give it a shot!
    Missy

Thanks

ops: I just can't see me doing it...I've watched videos of it, and I cringe at the sight of the needles, even though they are very tiny and the patient shows no pain....heck, I get to be a big baby about something don't I? Or am I the only one?
    Still, if it helps YOU, good for you!

Thanks

I was extremely nervous about it at first, but my back was hurting so badly I was willing to try almost anything. It didn't really hurt at all and after a couple of minutes I hardly noticed it. I guess if you were extremely phobic of needles it might not work because you would probably be so tense it would hurt.

My biggest problem is things like CT and MRI scans - my claustrophobia kicks in big time, and my heart rate goes sky high. So I guess that's my worst fear as far as procedures are concerned.

Thanks

Default Procedures & Phobias

I'm pretty needle phobic myself, but I don't watch, and generally -- they don't hurt. I have a few areas that do sting for about 30 seconds -- but those points correspond the the areas I have the most problems with. I gather that it shows the necessity of those needles specifically.

Thanks

8)
    THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR about ACCUPUNCTURE.....

Though it may LOOK like it hurts due to the needles it does NOT and half the time the needle is in before you even know it.

It helps TREMENDOUSLY , try toput the nedle past your mind , relax and try it....it beats taking meds and has no side effects.

STJAMES 8)
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....

Thanks

Default Trying to overcome needle phobia

I have heard so many good things about accupuncture with Lupus, but my great fear has kept me from trying it thus far. I am paralyzed, so I have other pain and discomfort that I think it would also help. I have been thinking I would go ahead and give it a try eventually, but upon reading Mary's post about blood thinners made me stop and think. I am on Coumadin, and likely will be forever and had never even thought of accupuncture being a problem or contraindicated. Is this a real problem, or is Mary just being cautious? My impression is that the needles only go into the pores and should not bleed, but I dont like to mess around with bleeding with coumadin on any level, so some additional input would be great.
    Thanks all,
    Brent

Thanks

Default I can't speak for everyone

But mine never bleed -- they are not in blood vessels ....