Thread: Good and bad weekend

Thanks

Default Good and bad weekend

Well, I've been feeling kind of bad anyway. It's my fault, I'm not getting enough rest. Well, I got the flu and in turn, a respiratory infection. All day Sunday and Monday my fever ranged from 102-104 degrees. It finally broke last night.
    Travis took me out to dinner (even though I didn't eat much) and then we went for ice cream after that. We sat on the bench outside since it was such a pleasant evening. Then, he popped the question. HE ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM!!!
    I couldn't believe it. The ring is gorgeous. He wanted something different, so he got my birthstone and diamonds in the ring.
    I was kind of upset that he did it while I felt and looked like crap, and I expressed that to him. He said that he wanted to prove to me that he will always be here for me no matter what.
    We had a rough week, last week, I had been off of my steroids for 2 weeks. And last week I was hurting and grippy all week. He was a real trooper, I was so terribly moody. He is extremely happy that I started my meds again today. That's the first thing he asked about this morning. LOL
    Anyway, just wanted to share my good and bad weekend with you.

Thanks

Default What a guy!

I don't know the situation, but he sounds like a keeper. Especially since he seems to love the whole you, not just the well you. Does he have a twin? Just kidding....

After I first got sick about 10 years ago (wasn't dx till this summer) my dating life took a time out. I'm often wondered if I had settled down before that if I would still be with the person, and how my symptoms would have impacted our relationship.

Congrats -- I'm assuming even though you didn't say so that the answer was yes....

Thanks

Congratulations Laura :lol:
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Of course it was yes!
    He was my friend even before I started getting sick. And once he found out that I was, he constantly called just to make sure I was ok. He is definitely a keeper. Now if we could get his ex to stop fighting him on custody of his 7 year old daughter, life would be great!

Thanks

Congratulations, Laura!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Many Congratulations Laura and I know that it is a blessings to be loved so unconditionally!!

Saysusie

Thanks

Proof positive that, even with its trials, life is full of blessings.
    How wonderful for you! Have you set a date? Please don't ask us to be bridesmaids. (LOL)