Thread: IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION MEN AND WOMEN PUT EM HERE !!

Thanks

Default IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION MEN AND WOMEN PUT EM HERE !!

8)
    OH GUYS most of you here know me.....

I not only have SLE but also DISCOID LUPUS and a myriad of other AUTO IMMUNE DISEASES.

I have had it for over 10 years and am doing ok , but still have the on/off relapses like we all do.

FEEL FREE to ask anything that pertains to MEN and LUPUS and for the LADIES if you have a particular sensaticve question about MEN and LUPUS you may PM me the question and I will keep your anonimity and question between you and I.....OK

SO DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS even if they are about sex or anothe sensitive question you would rather not have every one see.

STJAMES
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....

Thanks

hey i am new here and wanted to ask you what kinds of supplements and maybe workout plans would be good for me with lupus. i am 19 years old and was just diagnosed a week ago with SLE, the only thing i have had problems with is my joints and i am currently on plaquenil and pretinazone. i take protein cuz i know that cant hurt me, and then meal replacements to try to get in 5-6 meals a day and stay on a decent diet. but with responses from a male perspective would be great i would love any and all advice you can give me!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi blaine dude.

I'm 25 years, and have had lupus for 25 years. I think in the beginning stages you shpould be carefull of your joints, and do low impact activities, (like swimming would be ideal)
    I personally started a w/out regime recently, it includes some weight training, punch bag w/outs and some light cycling.

Couple years back i did some karate, was very usefull for fitness and the frustrations that come with the illness.

You have to remember to do all things in moderation, and have a strong foundation to build from.

with regards to supplements, there is nothing in supplements that can not be gained from a well balanced diet. (my opinion). However, you seriously need to consult your doctor about the use of them, as well as taking on any type of excercise activity.

Good luck, and keep me informed. we could even be virtual workout partners
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

Hi Blaindude06,

I was 19 when I had my first serious Lupus flare, although I've had symtoms since age 5. As a male with Lupus you are 1 in 20,000 - a rarity - so it will be difficult finding other males you can relate to with this condition. Hopefully, this site will resolve that so it wont actually be an issue for you.

Have a read of my posts in the Lupus Erythematosis Medications thread under the topic Diet/Vitamins effective for Systemic Lupus
    --> here http://wehavelupus.com/message-board...pic.php?t=2131. You should find a few answers and can post any questions you have from there.

I'm also going to try to get some info from Chris Reading for this board (and others). Bear in mind the non drug based nutritional alternative treatment for Lupus that I have been on since first diagnosed is not well accepted by conventional medical practitioners, but I strongly recommend it. You cannot help but improve, and there are no irreversable side effects.

Regards,
    Bunyip

Thanks

[removed by bunyip - see above]