Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Sleep Meds Are You Takeing?.......I need some advice

Thanks

Default What Sleep Meds Are You Takeing?.......I need some advice

Hi

I was just wondering what some of you ladies are on for insomnia. My doc has put me on Imovane which is because I asked her for Lunesta but
    Canada doesn't have it we have Imovane.
    Imovane is ok, it does the trick but i can't use it everynight actually I can't use it for at least 4 out of a 7 days a week. So three days a week i'm up alomst all night in pain and can't sleep, also Imovane i find makes me feel as though the next day i'm waking up with a hangover.

I told her that I didn't want ant-depressants like trezadone because of the weightgain

but I was wondering if anyone else is using anything that is good and hasn't had a bad side effect or a weight gain side effect. Also someting that doesn't make you feel as though you are getting up with a hangover.

I know this sounds like a dumb question but i'm just hoping to get 7 nights sleep instead of 4.

thanks everyone!
    Stefanie
    SLE Lupus. Fibro, IBS, RA\

Matt's Brown Eyed Girl!

"I'm not broken, I'm antique; a little worn out but still beautiful if not more so because of it."

Thanks

I'm on trazodone, and haven't gained any weight since I have been on it... I like it a lot actually...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

I'm with Solesinger on this one. I have tried a lot of sleep aids over the past decade and I really like trazodone. It doesn't "seem" to be affecting my Sjogren's at this point and I haven't noticed any weight gain (I think that's from other stuff

I think if you can get it, you should at least try it. I started with a small dose and have worked up to a larger one. It is not habit-forming, and there have been nights that I have missed a dose, and I have been able to sleep okay. Not great, but not total insomnia either. It is about getting your body in a good rhythm.

good luck!
    - Peach

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right". - Mary Kay Ash

Thanks

i have a lot of sleeping problems...ambien was good but its really not good for long term use. if you are sleeping a couple of nights a week on your own, maybe you want to first exlore some homeopathic remedies, and then try rozerem for the nights you cant sleep (its non addictive and you can just take it when you need it). if the problem persists, i would go with trazadone (which is actually and antidepressant, but commonly used as a sleep aid in fibromyalga patients)
    the problem with lunesta is that its not so good with keeping you asleep and also, you cant drink water!!! lunesta gives you a weird lunesta taste in your mouth that is heightened by water and it is AWFUL. i just started trazadone and im so happy to drink water again that i am running to the bathroom ever 10 minutes

Thanks

Unisom ...over the counter ...works for me. No morning hangover and I sleep all night with it.

Thanks

I use Ambien also, but I break my caplets into thirds. Thats all it takes me. My dr. also said to try Benedryl, it contains the same ingredient as over the counter sleep pills.
    Kimb

Thanks

Ambien, for long time now. Get about 6 hours sleep with it. Try not to use it regularly, thought. Sometimes I can sleep just fine without it. I'm thinking of asking rheumy for something else that may be a better choice. I did use Benadryl (something called "Simply Sleep") but I feel very hung over from that. Never get the hung over feeling with Ambien. Remember, though, that everybody is going to react differently. My sister takes a Benadryl product and it never bothers her.
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

My doctor gave me a coupon 25 dollars off for Lunesta....but they still cost me 104 dollars!!!! AND they don't work well for me. I'm going to ask my doc about trazodone. It's a generic and that means a 10 dollar copay for me and hopefully it will WORK! I have so many problems getting to sleep and staying asleep.

Thanks

Default lupus - sleep problems

Is sleep problems a symptom of lupus? I sleep pretty well most nights. I mainly notice the problem when I'm on prednisone.

Thanks

:shock: Yup, when the dreaded prednisone goes up-My sleep goes to zero. Right now, I just went from sleeping very well at 8mg pred to increasing pred to 20mg and now......... :shock: WHEEEE thank you ambien!!!
    Whenever the pred goes up, so do I. :lol:
    Kim