Thread: Hello to everyone

Thanks

Default Hello to everyone

Hi all

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Helen and I live in Melbourne Australia. I am married to a wonderful man and we have three terrific kids a dog that is systematically destroying our garden and a cat that thinks she is a dog.(plays fetch with a ball)

After many years of symptoms I was finally diagnosed with sle a couple of weeks ago and have begun treatment. Its good to finally know my enemy so that I know what weapons to use in the fight.

I would love to get to know others who fight this rotten disease and would like to give and receive support.

Look forward to getting to know everyone

Hellie

Thanks

Hi
    I myself am not a patient however my wife is. We live in Massachusetts USA. She was diagnosed a 1.5 years ago. All I can do is help support your husband if needed. It's usually the spouse who is very confused and does not understand the situation. It took sometime for me to understandwhat is happening and hos I can support her.

Wish you all the best
    tropically

Thanks

Hello,

I started plaquinel in february. It took 6 months before I noticed any changes. I take mobic which is a cox 2 inhibitor for pain. Things that I can suggest is make sure you get the proper rest it is very important. Eat a healthy low fat high fiber diet. Try to eliminate caffeine. Multiple vitamin, and b complex helps alot with fatigue. Try to manage stress in different ways. Try not to be so hard on yourself sometimes we have to put off going to the store or cleaning the house. Surround yourself with a healthy support system. Learn everything about lupus so you understand it as much as possible. Know your body and when to push and not to push yourself. Never ignore new problems that you are having. Keep a good open communication with your doctor. You are going to have very good days and very bad days. Know that each bad day there is a good to come. With others help and your determination you can live a productive life. There is no cure but there is remission and ways to manage this disease. Together we can fight it, and we can learn from each other new ways to cope.
    I wish you all the best and if there is anything I can do just write.
    Muriate