Thread: Need Chicken Soup or a hug or something??

Thanks

Default Need Chicken Soup or a hug or something??

Came home today, feel awfull, temp 101, eye pain, nasal congestion, itchy eye, migraine headache, facial skin very blotchy this am. Very scared - periorbital cellulitis 2 years ago, ocular shingles 1 year ago. I'm on 600 mg of plaquenil daily plus prednisone. Joints on fire. Horrible sleep last night with ++ night sweats. Thanks for letting me vent, off to chase my 2 children! Sorry for being a complainer but nothing is worse than severe eye pain, very scared.

Thanks

Default Consider yourself thoroughly hugged!

But it sounds like you need to go to bed with the kids, and call the doctor first thing in the morning. Do you have something you can take for the nasal congestion and headache - if nothing else, maybe a warm bath would help. I hope this is just maybe a sinus infection or something similar, but definitely call your doc!

Thanks

Yes, can you get someone to watch the kids for you? Call the doc, stock up on juice and get to bed. Here's the chicken soup:

1 whole cut up chicken, deboned and deskinned, torn to pieces
    1 quart chicken stock (the boxed kind)
    2 stalks celery, sliced
    1 large onion, minced
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 carrots, thinly sliced
    1 sprig fresh thyme
    1 tbsp sage
    1/2 cup chopped parsley
    wide egg noodles

Bring all ingredients except spices and noodles to a boil, and barely simmer for at least an hour. Add spices and simmer for another 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, and bring to a boil. Add noodles. When noodles are done, it's ready!

This cures anything almost!