Thread: A little bit scared.............

Thanks

Default A little bit scared.............

I just got off from the phone with the nurse from my Rheumatologists office. I had lab work done last week. Well the nurse just called my house and my Sed Rate is indicating inflammation. I kind of figured that something was going wrong, because the Eczema broke out again with a vengence. The doctor increased my Imuran. It just upsets me that for years my labs have been good and then boom. It is scary and depressing. I am so afraid that it is going to attack my heart again. I am hoping and praying that the imuran will put it back in check. I am just scared is all. Kathleen
    Live one day at a time: It's easier that way

Dx with SLE in 1994
    Dx with Sjogrens 1994
    Dishydrotic Eczema 1974
    Severe Osteo-Arthritis

Meds:
    Imuran 125mg
    Plaquenil 400mg
    Sulindac (Clinoril) 400mg
    Soma prn up to 4 times a day
    Darvacet prn

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Kathleen :lol:
    It is ok to be scared, especially if you have been there before and do not want to have a repeat of the same frightening symptoms. But, please do not allow yourself to become overly stressed, as that might exacerbate your symptoms and cause you to flare. I know that this is so much easier said than done, but it is also so important.
    Reducing your stress is an important part of managing the disease and warding off flares. Having cardiac problems is very frightening, I know and I am not attempting to dismiss your fears. I just want you to try not to let them overcome you.
    We are here to help you and to give you comfort..you may rant, rave and vent as much as you need - especially if it helps to alleviate your stress.
    I wish you the very best!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Thank you Saysusie,
    I am going to be ok. I was just very upset, but I have calmed down a lot. I guess I was just shocked, because for several years the labs were coming back good and then this happened. I guess this just Lupus for you. I will be fine. The doctor increased the Imuran and that should help. Thank you for letting me vent. Hugs, Kathleen
    Live one day at a time: It's easier that way

Dx with SLE in 1994
    Dx with Sjogrens 1994
    Dishydrotic Eczema 1974
    Severe Osteo-Arthritis

Meds:
    Imuran 125mg
    Plaquenil 400mg
    Sulindac (Clinoril) 400mg
    Soma prn up to 4 times a day
    Darvacet prn

Thanks

Kathleen, one thing you have to remember is that the sed rate is a very non-specific test that can be affected by a lot of things, so an elevated sed rate by itself doesn't necessarily mean your lupus is more active. Even things like a viral illness or a minor bacterial infection can cause your sed rate to go up, that's why some doctors feel that c-reactive protein is a more reliable indictor of active inflammation. How the test is done can also affect the results, if the sample sits for a while before being tested, the results may be artificially high because the blood has started to clot. It's understandable to be worried, but try not to stress yourself out too much over the results of one test, especially if your other lab results came back okay.