Thread: Scrambling For Info

Thanks

Default Scrambling For Info

Hello. I'm new to this posting thing and the world of lupus. A very special person in my life has just been diagnosed with lupus. It has taken about seven years of pain and worry to find out. It has been hard to watch from the sidelines her disappointment, as well as her humiliation, at the hands of doctors and others who treated her like a hypochondriac. She finally found a doctor who wouldn't give up on her.

I would appreciate any information I can get on what to do for her. She is a very special person who has touched many lives.

Thank you.
    Carol

Thanks

Carol . . . . thank you for being the best friend I have ever had or ever will have in my life. You've always been a great source of support and strength and it means the world to me. No matter where I am, you're with me . . .

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome Pegleg52 and Pegslegs13 :lol:
    First, Pegslegs13, you have done one of the best things that a friend can do...reach out and ask for help on how to support your friend. You have come to the right place. Everyone here is here for one purpose..to help others who suffer with Lupus. Having a person in our lives who cares, believes and understands is just as important as having medication to treat our symptoms. Thank you for being that person for Pegleg52!!
    To Both of you - I believe that we all, at one time during the course of this disease and in our quest to get a diagnosis, have run into insensitive and uneducated doctors who made us feel as if we were crazy and/or (as you said) hypochondriacs. Well, no one here will ever make you feel that way. We know that every symptom that you feel and describe is very real and that it is not in you head. While each symptom may not be a direct result of the Lupus itself, it is very likely that it can have something to do with medication or some of the other auto-immune conditions that tag along with Lupus or one of the other UTCD's (Undifferentiated Connective Tissues Diseases). There are many of us who suffer with Lupus as well as other overlap diseases and UTCD's. So, our symptoms are as varied and perplexing as are the diseases themselves.
    I am so happy that you both have joined us, it is important that you know that you are not alone! There will always be someone here who understands what you are going through, has experienced it themselves or who can find an answer for you. Join us often, we are here to help you both in any way that we can!

Welcome to our Family :lol:
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Many Thanks

Hello Saysusie,

Thank you for the warm welcome. It is comforting to know that there is a place to go for answers and a virtual shoulder.
    I am doing a lot of research on natural care for this. Both PegLeg52 and I agree that NSAIDS and other drugs do more harm than good. I am researching everything from nutrition to exercise and stress reduction. I will definitely be winging questions your way.
    Once again, thank you. :lying:

Carol
    a.k.a. PegsLegs13