Thread: I'm new here - Lupus - Fibromyalgia - polymyositis

Thanks

Default I'm new here - Lupus - Fibromyalgia - polymyositis

Hi, I'm new here. I've been recently diagnosed with Lupus - but have been dealing with the fatigue for over 25 years - since I was a teenager - and gradually have had other symptoms as I age - I have had hair loss - comes and goes - extreme fatigue - comes and goes - mouth sores - discoid lupus - tendonitis - polymyositis....inflammation in my muscles is awful....never goes away..... I have also noticed that during my flares I have nasal congestion - I never have it any other time....has anyone else experienced this? ....It has taken this long to diagnose me....that has been so stressful......and as we all know stress makes it worse...stress seems to trigger my flares....I am lucky that it doesn't seem to have affected my organs just yet.....nothing life threatening.....but quality of life is poor. I do work full time currently....the medicine I am on allows me to do this...currently taking Relafen, and Lyrica and recently Plaquenil.....just been on the Plaquenil a week and I know it takes about a month to see any benefit...so I'm crossing my fingers....I was just hoping talking with others who suffer like me would help....

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Cherlock12 :lol:
    There are many of us here that you can talk to and all of us will understand what you are going through. You will even find someone who is suffering with some of the very same symptoms as you. Everyone here is more than willing to answer your questions, give you information and support.
    You are not alone and we are here to make sure that you do not feel alone. We are always here, we are always ready to help!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default nasal congestion

I was just going to post about this. I also get nasal congestion. It must be one of my first flare symptoms. I never had nasal congestion before my first major flare. Now I have it pretty regularly. I was thinking maybe one of the meds was causing it (cellcept or Plaquenil), but it is probably the lupus. I also notice different areas of the house make it worse.