Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update by Beautifulbeluga

Thanks

Default Update by Beautifulbeluga

Hi everyone: Just wanted to do a quick update before I head off to the pool as I have had so many responses from the beautiful people of this forum for continued information.

1. Our beautiful Kira is home!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful Thanksgiving gift. After 8 long days of missing Kira we had given up all hope of her return. In fact, during the afternoon we put all Kira's belongings away because we couldn't bear to look at them any longer. The kitchen corner where her kennel sat was so bare I filled it with a plant and our Thanksgiving dinner was not the joyous occasion it once was that is until the phone rang. "I think I found your dog", stated the caller. You have never seen a more joyous response from two people in your life. She is home, she is safe, and she barked joyously all the way from the car up the driveway into her waiting daddy's arms. All those prayers, from all you wonderful people have been answered, and God answered the way I wanted.

2. My surgery for Thursday is on. The surgeons office has just called and apparently my CRP levels down from 13.5 is now low enough to go ahead with my knee replacement surgeries on Oct 12 & 18. Now I am ready to go. Thanks to all who have provided me with encouragement, support and information. I am finally going to be bionic.[/b]

Thanks

There are no words to convey how happy I am for you. It is great to see things fall into place and be as they should be for such a wonderful person. I know I don't post often but I read everyone elses post daily. I kept checking in to see if things had gotten better for you. I could feel your sadness thru your post and prayed that things would get better for you and your family and that Kira was safe.

I wish you a quick recovery on becoming bionic. I'm sure you will be up and around in no time. We all expect you to remind us what it is like to walk without pain. Looking forward to reports.

Hugs and prayers,

Kathy aka Beauchick
    I USE TO SKINNY DIP...NOW I CHUNKY DUNK!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Beautifulbeluga :lol:
    What absolutely wonderful news!!! For a brief moment, it seemed as if your world was collapsing around you and now, everything is as it should be. I am just curious, how far away had Kira gone and how long had the people who brought her home had her?
    I am so glad that you are well enough for your surgery. I will keep you in my prayers. Please let us know how you are doing??

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

I am so glad Kira is safely home - maybe this adventure has satisfied her wanderlust, and she will be content to be homebound now - but I think a fenced doggie run might be a good idea!

Also glad your surgery is a go!

Thanks

Thanks so much for your response. In answer to your question Saysusie about Kira and her whereabouts. The woman who brought her back said they had her for 4 days. I think she probably had her the entire 8 days. She was not living in our area but in a more transient area of Winnipeg about 3 - 4 miles from our home. She said she had been visiting her friend down the street from us and found Kira wandering in and out of yards and she picked her up and took her home. The woman advised us her son had wanted to keep Kira but that she didn't get along with the dog they already had. She told us she had called the number on her tag once but there was no answer. Finally, she said she saw the ad in the newspaper and that is why she responded.

It's funny because I have always given Kira a scolding for being mean to other dogs, she plays nice and then bites them on the nose. I think that I will never give her a scolding again because this is probably the only reason I got her back because she was incompatible with their other dog. There is no way this woman could not have tracked down the owner of a dog with two dog tags and an ear tattoo if she had really wanted to.

It doesnt really matter, to us one way or the other how or why she was taken , we thank God that she returned to us unharmed .

Thanks

I am so happy for you. I haven't checked in here for a few days, but remembered tomorrow is you big day.

Then, I found your post, it's ABOUT time good things start to happen for you.

Will continue to keep you in my prayers.

stardust
    An eye for an eye only makes for a very blind world.

Thanks

Thanks stardust, yes tomorrow is my "big day", and I find myself a bit nervous this morning and trying to tie up all the loose ends before I go to the hospital. Lots of legal things today as we sold one of our rental properties and wanted to have all documents signed prior to my absence from home. Good thing I have so many things to do today or I might be more of a nervous wreck than I already am. Of course I also need to squeeze in one more water aerobic class and a swim. I need my fix because I guess after today it will be a while before the beautifulbeluga gets to frolic in the water.

Thanks for all your support. It really helps hearing it from someone who has been there before me.

Thanks

just keep focussing on how 'frolicky' you will be; come spring!

with 2 brand new knees!!!!!!

stardust
    An eye for an eye only makes for a very blind world.

Thanks

See? My mama's prayers DO work!! Will still keep praying for your during and after surgery. What wonderful news!
    *happ-happy-joy-joy* dance

Thanks

I am so happy for you.