Thread: Ahh!! Just venting about pain...

Thanks

Default Ahh!! Just venting about pain...

I don't like to complain but I got into a jam and needed some money so like a fool I accepted an offer to reshingle a friends roof. Well, after 4 days of agony trying to finish it, I'm now done and have some money but I think I'll be out of commision for weeks because of how bad I feel now. My knees are now the size volleyballs almost and the pain is just crazy. I've been icing them, taking anti-inflammatories, nothing helps, it really sucks. My wrists are messed up, my ankles, my shoulders, my hands/fingers, migraines constantly since finishing. All in all it was a wonderful experience...not. Anyways, I just needed to whine and complain to someone about my stupidity, but also need to hear the others have been there and understand that sometimes that kind of stupidity is necessary when it comes time to pay the bills. Anyways, hope you're all doing well and take it easy.

Andy
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks

Default Andy, I'm sorry you're in such bad shape

between the sun exposure and the physical stress involved, I'm not surprised you feel so lousy, but I also understand what it's like to have to work in order to pay your bills. It sounds like you're doing the right things with ice and rest but if this has triggered a flare, you may need a course of steroids and some prescription pain meds to get through. Have you called your doctor yet?

I'm not sure what sort of disability programs are available in Canada but if your work generally involves outdoor physical labor, it might be time to look into other options. I will be sending good thoughts your way hoping for a quick recovery from this episode.

Thanks

Hey Andy (fellow Canadian!)

I agree you need to see your family doc stat! But you are doing what you should with the ice and the anti-inflamatories so keep it up. As for knowing what its like yup buddy i'm living it right now just not quite as bad as you.

I only get paid at the end of every month and the money is very little. So this past weekend my aunt asked if I wanted to help her with her garage sale and she said I could bring whatever I wanted to sell and whatever money i made was mine. I thought great I need some extra money right now since i'm flat broke so I gathered up all my stuff and a lot it was and went to her house for the weekend.

We spend all evening of fri setting up the stuff and pricing in the freezing cold garage, then we were up at five thirty on saturday to start putting up signs and stuff and by seven we were open for business and people were there and we sold a lot of stuff it was great!!! But being in the cold for five hours and having the sun out for two of those hours I was sore and now i'm sick!

So I too pushed myself for some extra much needed cash and found that I'm paying for it dearly now. I've got the swollen feet and knees, chest pain, fever, headaches, nausea you name it I'm owning it lol.

Well take care Andy and i'm keeping you in my thoughts I wish you a speedy recovery!

But maybe looking into different work might be good for you.

take care

stefanie
    Stefanie
    SLE Lupus. Fibro, IBS, RA\

Matt's Brown Eyed Girl!

"I'm not broken, I'm antique; a little worn out but still beautiful if not more so because of it."

Thanks

8)
    ANDY ,
    The FIRST thing YOU MUST do is understand what you CAN and CAN NOT do.

Sadly we have this terrible disease that makes everything ache and we also are all outof shape due to it and the meds we take and possible other conditions.

I understand you needed the money.....but at the risk of hurting yourself?

That's not worth it,.
    I HATE not being able to fix everything anymore and having to pay the neighborhood kids to do my lawn, but it beats laying in bed in traction for the next week taking MORPHINE to alleviate the pain.

YOU MUST BE YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND....LOOK IN THE MIRROR and ACCEPT WHAT YOU CAN AND CAN NOT DO....

NO ONE WHO CARES ABOUT YOU WILL THINK ANY MORE OR LESS OF YOU @!!!!'

I did heavy construction for 30+ years and now not even being able to help my wife with vacuming the house kills me.....but it hurts even more after I do those things and then my wife yells at me for trying to be a hero!

I know exactly how ya feel but the sooner ya come to the realization that there are certain things you can NO LONGER do the easier your life will
    be.

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT STJAMES13@GMAIL.COM and US men can talk about it some more.....

YOUR FRIEND IN PAIN AND BEING A MAN WITH LUPUS !!!!

STJAMES 8)
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....