Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone from New Jersey?

Thanks

just saying hello from central Jersey

I was diagnosed with lupus (Oct 2007) then mixed connective tissue disease about a year later. I'm doing ok these days, going to a new rheumy in Philly next week...wish me luck

--kristin

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Kristin -

How did the new rheumy appt go in Philly? I'm in Burlington County so Philly's not too far. We used to live in Central Jersey and I loved my doc's up there, but it's too far of a drive up there now to try and find a rheumy up that way.
    Lauren

Thanks

Hi,
    I am from South Jersey and have not been able to find a local support group. Were you able to start one up? I have been dealing with Lupus for about a year now and it would be nice to share insight and things that help us make it through everyday life. I found out the ultraviolet light(especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.) and flourescent lights are a major cause to Lupus flare ups. So try and cover up, avoid those hours if possible, and change out your light bulbs. Even try to wear sunscreen if inside the house or a building using flourescents. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I will try anything as long is it can possibly help me. It may help you as well. I heard this info was released from the Mayo Clinic. Which is really good to know. Well hope to hear from you and any possible info on a support group.

Thanks

I'm in...lets do it!
    Andrea

Thanks

Hi I am from South Jersey too! There are some support groups in the area I might check out. http://cure4lupus.org/store/index.ph...1&chapter=6#NJ Anyone attend these?
    Last edited by Rickigal; 11-24-2010 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Forgot link

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow! Cherry Hill and Voorhees must be somewhat new. There really was nothing when I was looking. Thank you for posting the link!
    Lauren

Thanks

oh i would really enjoy having support groups in jersey, im from central jersey myself!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hiya! where are you at? i have lived in north, central, south & shore areas! currently we're in burlington county. if i'm not mistaken there are some groups in central & north jersey. i think there's a link above or you can go the lupus.org page and follow links for support groups.
    Lauren

Thanks

I live in Bucks County PA, right outside of the northeast Philly area.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

It is making me smile seeing all of you talking about getting together!Just one of many things that our WHL family is good for!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~