Thread: Andy the new guy

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Andy the new guy

Hello my name's Andy, I'm 31 and I got diagnosed with SLE 2 months ago. I've been doing some major research on the disease and I ran into this website and it has some of the best info going. I'm happy to be a part of it and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi andyd, Welcome aboard.
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

Welcome fellow Canadian:

Hi Andy, just wanted to respond with a short post to welcome you to this site. We have some great people here, caring, supportive and informative and it sure helps to have such a place to visit whenever your need or want.

I see you already have a dx. for which I am sorry because I would not wish SLE on anyone but good because many people suffer with symptoms for years before finally getting diagnosed which can bring a lot of frustration, and emotional turmoil. It is difficult enough being in pain and ill and even more difficult if you don't know why.

Anyway, glad you are with us and I hope your symptoms are being somewhat controlled and if not that you get feeling better soon. Do they have you on any meds?

beautifulbeluga

Thanks

Hello again, I did get a dx but that was only after about 10 years of suffering through the symptoms with no relief. After 10 years of doctors visits they finally put 2+2 together and got 4 so now they've started me on plaquenil, which I've been on for about 2 months now so hopefully it starts working soon. Also they're still checking my liver biopsy to see if the liver problems I'm having could be lupus related. The lupus is quite active right now as far as I can tell, but I know there's lots of people out there that would probably love to have their symptoms as 'bad' as mine are so I'll try not to complain. Anyways, thanks for the welcome and good luck to all.

Andy

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Andy :lol:
    Just wanted to give you another welcome to our family and our forum. Please join us anytime that you want or need. You will find that there is always someone here who understands what you are going through, who can answer your questions and concerns or who can provide you with information. Most of all, we all want to give you support, comfort and understanding and want you to know that you are not alone :lol:

Again....Welcome
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Welcome, I am also a new member I have found this site informative and a real life save.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome all.
    :lol:

Thanks

Welcome Andy :lol:
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Hi Andy,
    I am new here to this forum too. I have had SLE since the age of 7, but did not get diagnosed until I was 36 and very very sick. My Rheumatologist told me that he believes I have had this illness all of my life. The Plaquenil takes about 6 months to go into full swing. You will do fine. Just do as the doctor tells you and hang in there. Hugs, Kathleen
    Live one day at a time: It's easier that way

Dx with SLE in 1994
    Dx with Sjogrens 1994
    Dishydrotic Eczema 1974
    Severe Osteo-Arthritis

Meds:
    Imuran 125mg
    Plaquenil 400mg
    Sulindac (Clinoril) 400mg
    Soma prn up to 4 times a day
    Darvacet prn

Thanks

Welcome to the family! Nice to meet you...
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."