Thread: Hello all

Thanks

Default Hello all

My name is Melanie; I am 27 years old (at least for the next 10 days) I was diagnosed with SLE about 4 years ago. I guess you can say I was lucky that I only suffered for about 6 months before they diagnosed me. The doc put me on plaquneil and about 2-3 months after that I finally had some relief. I have "flares" about every few weeks. Thank God my labs come back that I do not have organ involvement, just massive crippling joint pain. Also I am the only person that I know that has fallen asleep in Books-a-Million. The fatigue is horrible!!!! In a nut shell that's me. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. It sounds nice to be able to talk to people who actually know what you’re talking about.
    Melanie

Thanks

Hi Melanie: Just wanted to wish you a warm welcome to this forum and hope you continue to stay with us for a while. I see that you have had a dx. for a while and are on plaquenil which most of us here are on. You are right the fatigue is a very difficult symptom to handle as it makes it difficult to cope with all the other symptoms when you are always so exhausted. I just love the days when I wake up and I feel like I have some energy to get things done. Unfortunately, during those times I probably over due a bit so I don't know about you but I haven't learned to pace myself very well yet.

Take care, and keep posting. Your new friend .....beautifulbeluga

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Melanie and welcome fellow "Libra" - October baby :lol:
    I am sure that each of us can relate a funny story about the odd places where we have fallen asleep due to the fatigue. I slept through almost an entire Cirque de Soleil show in Las Vegas - even with all of the drums pounding and music playing. I just could not keep it together and wasted a whole lot of money that night (those shows ARE NOT cheap)
    I am glad that you've found us and we are here to help you in any way that we can. You are not alone!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Welcome Melanie!

:BIG:
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!