Thread: Nausea and vomiting

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Nausea and vomiting

Hi,

I was just at my Gastrointerologist who told me that I am doing all that can be done for my nausea/vomiting. The only problem is that nothing is working and I have been dropping weight like crazy and I am lacking nutrition because I can't hold anything down. There has to be something that can be done. He's a good doctor and only has my best interest in mind, but there has to be something.

So far, I am taking Ginger 4 times a day. I take Stemetil, Pariet, Gravol injections. I am trying and trying. Help!

Does anyone know what to do? Are you going through this or know anything about it. I am finding very little information on this symptom other then, it seems to happen with Lupus patients as a symptom.

HELP ME EAT, PLEASE!
    Jen

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your nausea and vomiting. I do have one suggestion. It is what I use. Peppermint. It sounds goofy I know. I keep life saver peppermint in my pocket and when the urge or nausea comes on I pop one in my mouth. They also have peppermint flavoring at your local grocery center. You can usually find it toward the vanilla. Mix up a cup of tea add a dash. Also they have pepermint leaves in the produce section and you can place it in tea. I have had terrible times with nausea I cook and buy the times I am finished unable to eat due to nausea. When I ride in the car in one 20 minute trip I usually have 3 to prevent nausea. If I come across anything else I will let you know.

There is a way to beat this disease. As a group we can share things that help. Thanks for your post

Thanks

Thank you! That is one thing I haven't tried. I like peppermint as well, so that's a bonus.

I appreciate hearing what others have done for their symptoms. This is one symptom not so easy to live with, that's for sure.

Thanks again.

Thanks

I was just checking in to see how you were doing?

Thanks

Thank you so much for checking in on me. Like we all have, I am having good and bad days. Yesterday wasn't so bad but today was a nightmare. My husband and I had dinner with my Dad and the smell of the food was not helping and I felt really bad because as soon as the first bite hit my throat, that was it!!! So, I didn't end up being able to have dinner tonight. My Dad understood though. I am still feeling very nauseated tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

On my so-so nausea days, the peppermint does help, but on days like today, I'm on my own!

Thank you so so much for your concern! Oh how I miss being able to just eat freely and not have to be worried about where my bucket is...

Thanks

Default 2 natural remedies that might help

I know of 2 natural remedies that may help. The first is the syrup of canned peaches. You just drain the juice from the can and swallow it a teaspoon at a time. The second is dried blueberries. Just try a handful at a time. Most grocery stores carry them and they are great because they absorb stomach acid and the skins have a soothing effect that calms stomach problems. They also have an added benefit because it has the same properties as cranberries and cranberry juice to help with Urinary Tract infections.

|I hope one of these helps you!

Thanks

Default Lupus and Blood Sugar

I'm finding that a lot of lupus patients aren't aware that lupus can spontaniously... with an off and on again effect, lower your blood sugar.

symptoms sometimes include nasea and vomiting and can cause shakyness, weekness.

Probably not the case with you... but it couldn't hurt to have it checked once in while. Just in case. If you type hypoglycemic in a google search and look at the causes, you will see lupus as one.