Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Awful, awful, awful...need a hug or something

Thanks

Default Scary!

I've gotta' tell you, reading this progression of msgs is scary to a relative 'newbie' like me. I don't know what to expect from this disease (none of us do, right?) and hearing about your experience is sobering and frightening. I think I've learned a thing or two as well. My heart goes out to you! Know that I'll keep you in my prayers.
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

The little pillow DOES help...I am coughing more easily and bringing up lots of the bad stuff. I assume the antibiotics they've given me are helping too.
    Drinking lots of water, and lots of soup, too. The more fluids, they tell me, the better, because it flushes the toxins out and thins the mucus so you can get it out of your lungs.
    I did talk to the patient care advocate here and not to worry, I won't be charged for anything that happened as a result of the punctured lung, including the extra days needed because of this infection.
    My mom said, "Well, whenever you're in a hospital, you're surrounded by lots and lots of other people's germs. The less time you're in a hospital, the healthier you'll stay." Ain't THAT the truth?
    Hubby didn't take the news well. He misses me at home too, and this hospital stay is a stress he doesn't need. Bless his heart, he's such a dear.

Thanks

Yes, they gave me one when I had a bad bout of bronchitis and was coughing so hard I actually broke two ribs - the joys of osteoporosis! It hurt so much that I was coughing and crying at the same time - I think that little pillow was a lifesaver. I kept mine and brought it home from the hospital, and still use it when I have a bout of pleurisy or bronchitis.

I'm glad you are feeling better and finally able to eat. I have a big cast-iron pot of black bean chipotle chili simmering on the stove, and some blue corn muffins with pinon nuts ready to bake - wish you could come from supper! If roasted chilis don't clear up your congestion, nothing will!

Thanks

OH DEAR!

Well, okay, we have hit another bump in the road here haven't we? Well, you just remember to take care of yourself and try to think happy thoughts (and maybe tinkerbell will come and you can fly off to never land! :P)

Anyway, I am thinking about you and praying for you and your health. I will be sending lots of of hugs and California sunshine your way (with the UV rays removed, of course!)

xoxoxoxo
    - Peach

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right". - Mary Kay Ash

Thanks

Y'all are great--wow, wish I could do a Samantha Stephens and twitch my nose to your place to eat your dinner--sounds luscious!!!
    Still coughing up stuff, and sore as H*LL but the X-Rays are looking better.(they removed the chest tube in my back as the lung is now reinflated, thank GOD!) I still have the central line, for all the meds and the fluids they say I need more of to thin this mucus.
    cough, cough, cough....walk, walk, walk...on the sore hips, but taking pain meds so I don't mind. The more active I am, the faster this pneumonia will go away and I can go HOME!!!
    I can eat anything I want now...yeaaaaaah! Hubby brought in catfish tacos (it's a tex-mex thing...tastes WAY better than in sounds) I ate myself silly!
    Love to all--

Thanks

Default Catfish tacos?

If your stomach can tolerate that, you must be feeling better! Any idea when they are going to spring you?

Thanks

Good news!! Good News!! My X-Rays this afternoon looked so good, they say they will look at the ones tomorrow and I MAY GO HOME if not tomorrow then the next day!!!!!!
    I am so happy I am crying.
    Thanks to all of you for being here for me. I did not have many visitors (mostly a very few close friends and my husband) but while in here, I felt like I got tons of wonderful visits from all of you every day. Y'all are the absolute BOMB!!

Going to do some walking now and drink some more water and cough, cough, cough.....the more stuff gone, the better.
    LOVE TO YOU ALL!

Thanks

Default HURRAY!!!

I KNOW YOU ARE HAPPY! Just don't overdo with the walking, you don't want to slip and fall! Keep up the hot soup and the water and COUGH, COUGH, COUGH!!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yippeeee - Littlred is coming home soon. Please take Marycain's advice..take it slowly and keep coughing!!
    I am so very happy for you :lol:

Saysusie

Thanks

Going home, going home going home tomorrow!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!

Lungs are looking good. Will stay on the solumedrol for awhile, along with plaquenil and some kind of mucus thinner, and antibiotics...more pills, but who cares????????

As for my hair...

I love Judy Collins. She has a song called, "Who Knows Where The Time Goes?" That I absolutely love! So, with apologies to Judy...

"And now, my lonely scalp,
    Your fickle friends are leaving....
    But, of course, they know
    It's time for them to go....

So fall out, all you follicles,
    I'll still be breathing....

Who knows
    Where my hair goes?
    Who knows where my hair
    Goes???"

:roll: