Thread: NEED SOMETHING TO OPEN SMALL BOTTLES?

Thanks

Default NEED SOMETHING TO OPEN SMALL BOTTLES?

Does anybody know where to find a gadget to open small screw-type bottles? I have a thing that opens big jars like pickles but it doesn't work on little bottles - my hands are so stiff that little things are a real problem - I tried for 10 minutes today to open a bottle of vanilla extract, ran it under hot water, tapped on the edge with a spoon, etc. and finally gave up in frustration. I'm sure there must be a gadget out there somewhere that works on this little things, if not, somebody should invent one!

Thanks

Hello! Boy can I identify with that problem! I can't open hardly anything anymore. I just read in the Reader's Digest October edition about an opener made for people with arthritis:

"PurrFect Opener: This feline-shaped multitasker does it all: opens pop tabs, breaks seals on medicine bottles and splits pills (PurrFectOpener.com, $11)."

I don't know of anyone who has tried it, but I was considering getting one for myself. You might want to check it out, anyway. Hope this helps you!

Thanks

Default Thanks -

They didn't have anything like that at wal-mart, But I will look at the kitchen gadget store for one.

Thanks

Default opening small bottles

I use a nut cracker to open small lids.

Thanks

I put large rubber bands around the tops. this does take a little bit of manual dexterity, as you have to wind it and twist it around a few times to get it tight on the tops, but the rubber band helps make the top bigger around and gives you some grip. Try it!