Thread: Something new i noticed

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Something new i noticed

Hi fellow lupies.
    The lupus haikus is a great thread. I think we all should try and contribute to it.
    Maybe even pulish it as inspiration.

Well back to why i'm posting, As i'm a web developer, i spend 90% of the working day in front of the pc.
    I find this drains me and my head starts throbbing, my hands turn red, and i just feel sluggish with a major headache.

I usually remedy this (a bit) with a sweet cooldrink.
    however i need to know what this could be.
    Is it my blood pressure ?

It has happened on other occasions away from the computer as well.

Please if anyone has experienced this i would like to know.

<desperate and worried/>
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

Hi Morpheus:

Am no doctor so really don't want to comment on what your symptoms are but I can relay my own personal experience. I find that I too get a headache working on the computer for more than a hour or so. I'm not sure if it is the glare of the screen or what but as all I know is that it happens. I find that if I take a break and walk around and get physical in some way it usually disappears and then I can go back and start over. I'm not sure what your sweet drink is but if you are drinking lots of sugar laden beverages it usually will exacerbate a headache and not resolve the problem. Are you drinking lots of water during the day? Headaches are also often caused by dehydration and I find if my fluid intake isn't up I tend to get light headed and then get a headache.

Because you have such a sedentary job all day it might be wise to make sure you fit in some physical activity every day if you aren't already doing that. Everyone here knows that I am always tooting my horn about the benefits of water therapy/swimming etc. for lupies but that is one thing that really keeps me as well as possible . I find if I am not physical in some way every day I feel terrible and headaches are only one symptom.

Hope this info helps if not disregard it. Hope you find some relief soon and take care.

your friend beautifulbeluga

Thanks

Hi Morpheus,

I hope this note finds you feelin' better. I will echo what Beautifulbeluga says in addition, I finally bought a filtered screen for my monitor, and it has made TONS of difference regarding my eye strain. If you can find one I highly recommend you use it. I try not to stay at the computer screen for more than 45 minutes at a time, I either find another small project close by - or just take a walk to get a glass of water.

Take care my friend, hope you find relief soon. Keep us posted.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

HI, sorry you are having this problem. If this were me it would be my neck and shoulders causing the headache. The posture when working on a computer isn't the best. You can learn exercises to do every 20 min. that might help. I don't know about the red hands. Good luck getting help with this. take care, Debann

Thanks

I think the red hands might be some kind of circulation problem. I agree, get up and walk around and drink those fluids! Also, I use one of those "wierd" chairs at the computer...don't know what they're called, but you have to tuck your legs behind the part on the bottom. I used to get terrible neck/shoulder aches but not now. Good luck to you--

Thanks

I get a headache as well, but not as much since I got a big flat panel monitor and a soft executive chair. Now I get the headache more from watching tv for more than an hour in one sitting.
    There is a computer program that you can get which will remind you to get up and stretch every 50 minutes or so...I think it even shows you stretches to do with a little cartoon character.
    Maybe that's something that would be helpful for you.
    http://simonsayssoftware.com.au/web/
    Ita erat quando hic adveni