Thread: Hi There!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hi There!

Hi, I'm Nicca and new member to this group. I still don't know yet if I have Lupus or not. My story, I developed a Vitiligo on my hands then I went to my Family Physician to get a check-up and referred to a Dermatologist. The Derma checked-up my Vit and said it's nothing! I think she didn't know what she's doing! All she wants to do is put some sort of cosmetics to make the person more prettier but if she will see a person who is sick she doesn't mind.

Then we moved to different city and got a new Family Physician and reffered me again to a Derma ops: My Vitiligo is spreading. Last time I noticed just a few spots on my hands and now all of my knuckles had it. I do some research and found out where the Vitiligo come from. I asked my Doctor if she can checked me for B12 & Folic Acid, Auto Immune Disease and other Bloodwork.

And it turns out I have an auto-immune disease called Lupus. I still didn't know what kind of Lupus and my 1st appointment for my Rheummy will be on Nov (that's Canada!)

I don't have any swollen/joint pains right now, headache (but I'm Anemic), etc. But when I found out I have Lupus I'm very depressed and always cry. That's when I felt a numb hands and feet, shortness of breathing, headache, a little joint pain in my hips. I think by being emotionally stress and being conscious to myself I do notice all the symptoms.

I've been reading all the messages here weeks ago before I decided to be a member. I thank God because my husband is so supportive and he told me to be a member. I always read some of the messages here and I always cry. :cry: (I don't know why I'm very emotional right now!) I always ask God why me??? And I'm still young to get this disease (I'm 30 hehe) and my 2 kids are still very young. But when I read the story of other people who are much younger than me I cried because they already suffering this disease and to think they must enjoy their lives. I'm thanking God that I was diagnosed earlier without some pains just like the others. Sorry for being so sensitive. I'm always like this eversince we moved here in Canada. Since we don't have any family or relatives here so it's like I'm alone. By the way I'm from the Philippines.

Sorry for the long story. Thank you for reading my message.

Best Regards,

Nicca

Thanks

Nicca, welcome to our group! You're going through a difficult time dealing with this new diagnosis and it's okay to be emotional. We are all here for you and willing to help you in any way we can.
    You will find some of the most wonderful and caring people on this site. Everyone is a real blessing to each other and it's so nice to have others to share the ups and downs of this disease with.
    Hang in there and I look forward to chatting more with you! :lol:
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Nicca;
    I am so happy that you did decide to join. I hope that we can help you understand this disease. You are right in thinking that your stress had something to do with the worsening of your symptoms. Stress is one of the biggest culprits with reference to Lupus Flares. It is very important that you try to reduce and/or eliminate your stressors. I realize that this is always easier said than done, but it is important.
    Our members are from almost every age group..from pre-teens to seniors. All of us are dealing with the changes that Lupus has made in our lives. There are many, many of us who have lived relatively normal lives for many years with this disease. Lupus is a chronic and lifelong disease, but that does not mean that it is always a debilitating disease. With medications, appropriate lifestyle changes and precautions, you can do fairly well with Lupus. Do not give up and don't condemn yourself to a life of misery. Learn as much as you can about Lupus, its symptoms, its medications, its treatments and how to manage it. Start now, information is your best defense against being taken over by the disease.
    Of course, everyone here is willing to help in in any way that we can. So, come here often!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Nicca:

Welcome to this forum, I hope you find what you are looking for here. There are many wonderful people here and a multitude of support, information and sharing going on. I am also from Canada. I see you are in Ontario. What city or town do you live in? I know it is difficult to immigrate from another country especially to one whose climate and life style is so different than what you are used to. Don't worry you will make friends in no time and you will learn to love your new home. I myself have only lived in USA and Canada (various locations in both countries) but I really love Canada. I know that medical appointments sometimes seem to take a while but there are many benefits to our medical system known to be one of the best in the world.

Try not to worry to much about your symptoms and as others have said there is help out there for us and many go on to live almost normal lives even with lupus. Worrying and obsessing over it only causes us more problems in the long run. Of course this is easier said than done. I am glad your husband is supportive and encouraging and I wish you both the best in your new home and country.

Take care of yourself and I will look forward to learning more about you through your posts.

Patricia (beautifulbeluga)

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late response. Thanks for the support. I will definitely some more message coz' I have a lot of questions.

To Beautifulbeluga, I'm from St. Catharines.

Thanks Again,

Nicca