Thread: New to This

Thanks

Default New to This

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I am new to this type of forum but I think it will grow on me.
    I am 23 and married with two beautiful girls.. who are 2 and 3. I was dx with lupus in Oct'05. It was rather quickly. Right now my numbers are horrible but we are working on that. I am currently taking prednisone 10mg, Plaqunile 200mg and Imuran 100mg. I don't feel better, yet but I am keep positive so that way I don't get depressed yet. I'm still working 40hours a week, while my hubby is in college. I am hoping that in three years when he graduates he will get a good paying job and I will be able to cut back my hours.
    Karen

Thanks

Welcome Karen ! :lol:
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi KAren :lol:
    Welcome to our family. I know that you will make friends here, get answers to some of your questions and receive understanding and support.
    You were lucky to receive a quick diagnosis and, therefore, able to start treatment quickly. Some of your medications do take some time before you will actually begin to feel the benefits. I do hope that you are feeling better soon.
    Join us often, we are always here and always ready to help!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Karen!

I am 25 with two children 3 1/2 and 2 and newly diagnosed as well. But I don't work, and can't imagine if I had to. I really admire the strength it takes for you to do what you do in order for your husband to finish his education. I hope he appreciates all that you are putting yourself through. Just be careful not to overdo it. Good luck and hopefully those meds will kick in soon!

Angie

Thanks

Welcome Kheppner:

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I hope you find some "me" time in your busy schedule. I used to be able to multi-task also but not any more. I hope you begin to feel better soon and the meds kick in for you. I know how difficult being a student can be but I do hope your husband helps you with the kids and around the house. Student or no student you both need to understand that you can not do it all. Working a fell time job as you are and being a wife and mother is a lot. Take care.

Thanks

Default Thank You

Thank you guys for all the words of encouragement. Hubby is really understanding, he helps a lot. I make him do more of the domestic duties because he doesn't to work 40hrs a week, but on the weekends we pull together and put the house back in order. I try not to over due it but sometimes it happens. Like with the girls, they just want mommy to play with them and lord knows that is all I want to do.
    Again, Thank You
    Karen