Thread: New Member

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default New Member

I am so glad that this site exist. I am new to this site and lupus. I have been diagnosed since January 2006. It's tough sometimes. I cry a lot and wonder why this happened to me. I feel better when I post. . Some days are good and some are bad. I try to deal with the ups and downs but sometimes it's hard.

Thanks

Default Welcome.

I hope you find this forum as warm and welcoming as I did. We may not always be able to help, but we are always here to listen.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sisterloudjoy38 :lol:
    Welcome to our forum. I am sure that we all understand the good days and the bad days and how frustrating that can be. Most of us are on the same emotional roller coaster as you are. It is ok to be sad and angry sometimes. You can always come to us when you need to vent, have a question or just want to know that you are not alone!!

I wish you the best :lol:
    Saysusie

Thanks

You gotta LOVE a girl with the name "Sisterloudjoy"....oh my gosh, I saw your name, and it immediately made me smile!!!

This journey of living with lupus is one that has never been one to walk alone on - stay connected here and you will soon discover how much healing in your heart takes place with all these wonderful people. There are so so many folks here who are wonderful encouragers, teachers, and nurturers; and we can never get too old to need any of those kind gestures. I hope that you will find this a safe haven to vent, share, ask questions and soon you will find yourself in a new "family".

I completely understand about the "why" question. In the beginning, I believe that it is a natural response - however, I have a terrific doctor who said to me "the why question, doesn't bring results....however, the "what" statement does. I asked him "what do you mean by that?" and he said "there are always possibilities in what statements, like "what can I do to understand more about lupus, what can I do to find a network of people that I can turn to when I'm not feeling so great, what can I do to help someone else who's hurting too". I found his answer to be so helpful for me....and I hope for you as well.

Remember, you will never ever be alone when you stay connected and plugged in to these people - there will always be someone to chat with.
    So hold on, and have hope - you have a HUGE family of friends here to walk this journey with you.

So, welcome Sisterloudjoy - let the love in and let your heart soak up all the good there is in this life to be had. We all cry, and we all understand those up and down days - just remember, now you don't have to take that ride alone.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

Thanks so much for the encouragemnet. It makes me feel so good. Especially, knowing that I am not alone. My b-day is today and I feel ok. My brother took me to breakfast. I had a chance to share with him how it is. That shed some light on him on how I feel. He appreciated it.

Thanks

(Imagine music) - Happy Happy Birthday, from all of us to you - Happy happy birthday may all your dreams come true !!! Have a wonderful day, and I'm glad you were able to spend time with your brother.

Enjoy your special day !!

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

Hey there sister:

Just wanted to welcome you to this site and wish you a belated Happy Birthday. I hope that day brought you much peace , joy, happiness and improved health. We all understand your emotional turmoil that is presently hovering over you as we ourselves have made that journey and continue to on a regular basis. I love Browneyedgirl's message about turning our why"s into what's. Sounds like advice we can all use.

Best to you today my friend and look forward to learning more about you through your posts.

Your new friend beautifulbeluga

Thanks

Default Hi from a newbie to the group-Lupus 40+yrs

Hi all,
    Have been looking all over for a support group. Have gone from one to another. Because of
    inconsiderate folks. Will find that everywhere, never have had met so many since the internet started.

Drs started off telling me I had MS, the Stlils, <juvenile rh arthritis> Antiphosphoed Lipid Syndrome, I have fibromyalgia. MVProlapse. latest the sjorjens has gotten bad, as well as eyesight. Can identify with so many on here. :-\ Am allergic to just about everything. Just getting over a darn stubborn UTI-ECOLI infection. Don't have any Dr except neuro. Was hurting so bad went to a walk in clinic. Have medical training, haven't been able to keep up with all. The P.A. gives me Flagyl. I asked her if it was a broad spectrum antibiotic. She says yes. After 2 days, rash, severe muscle aches, very blurry vision, thought better look the stuff up. And ACK, is a quinilone..<which I am allergic to>

Though have been ill all my life, one still needs comfort and be able to rant at times.
    Look forward to interacting with the group, posting different medical info.

Am really against these GM foods, seed, pesticides, etc. I know how the DNA/RNA changes.

My best wishes to all, and hope I can contribute. Hope all aren't as depressed as I or in so much pain.

Annie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Annielupus :lol:
    Welcome to our family where no one will ever be inconsiderate, dismissive or rude. You will find the most supportive and understanding people here who have either been through what you are going through or who truly understand what you are going through.
    I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time right now. Quinolone is of the family of broad spectrum antibiotics which were once considered relatively safe, but several serious side effects have become evident. I am shocked that she did not ask you about your allergies or inform you about these side effects prior to giving you the quinolone!! Have you informed the clinic about your reaction? What have they done?
    We are very happy that you've found us and we hope that we can provide you with comfort when you need it and answers to your questions! And yes, this is a perfectly safe place to vent..no one will judge you here.
    I truly hope that you will be feeling better soon. Keep us posted as to how you are doing
    :lol:
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie