Thread: I'M GOING CUCKOO WITH ALL THIS RAIN!

Thanks

Default I'M GOING CUCKOO WITH ALL THIS RAIN!

IT'S BEEN STORMING NON-STOP HERE SINCE YESTERDAY AND THE LIGHNING AND THUNDER ARE INCREDIBLE. Much more rain and we're going to need an ark. The kids are climbing the walls because the cable is out so no Saturday cartoons, and they sure can't play outside, plus the storm makes them hyper, and my cats yowl every time it thunders! On top of my own four, my niece's three youngest are staying with me while she's out of town, so there are seven kids to be fed and entertained. These are the days when I hate lupus the most - my joint ache so much from the rain and I just don't feel like coping. I think I'm going to turn the kids loose in the kitchen and make cookies or something, and pray we don't lose the electricity on top of the cable.

Okay, that's my "scream" for the day - hope everyone else is having a better day!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks

Default I didn't realize it was so widespread

I'm kind of cut off from the news without the television and the kids have been watching DVDs on the computer, so I didn't realize the storms had caused so much damage. I've lost count of the times the tornado sirens have gone off - so far no damage here other than trees down - our big apple tree is gone - but my best friend lost her roof and several windows and the high school is damaged. They just finished the repairs from the last tornado! I feel really sorry for the emergency services people, electrical linemen and all the other people who have to be out working in this weather.

Please say a prayer for the families of those who have lost loved ones, or their homes or livelihoods from these awful storms.

Thanks

Default Sorry about your storms

Here in Houston we get tons of rain all the time...bad for our joints.
    This past July, we actually got 9 inches of rain in one hour. Our streets flood, nobody can get to work, etc. I count my blessings, as our house doesn't flood and probably (knocking on wood) never will...
    still, the wetness doesn't help this condition.
    If you lose electricity, light some candles and get out the boardgames. Monopoly is tons of fun if you make up your own crazy rules. We do it all the time. :lol: