Thread: Plexopathy

Thanks

Default Plexopathy

I was recently diagnosed with Lupus (another other AI diseases.) Developed some severe problems in my right leg. Referred to a neurologist who diagnosed plexopathy. Often related to diabetes (or injury) but in this case likely caused by Lupus. Says damage is stabilized and I MAY heal over time (months, maybe a year to regenerate nerve damage, apparently.) Anyone have this experience? I'm on neurontin to deal with the pain (which is better.) But numbness, weakness, etc. is sometimes nearly disabling.

Thanks

I have polyneuropathy diagnosed by EMG and nerve conduction studies - not sure exactly the difference is between this and plexopathy, except my problem doesn't involve muscle weakness, just weird tingling, burning, nerve twitches and a lot of pain which gets noticeably worse at night. I don't recall the doctors ever telling me what caused it - I have lupus with a scleroderma overlap so always assumed it was one of the other. I take neurontin for this and lupus-related seizures - my doctor also prescribed a topical cream of elavil and baclofen to rub onto the skin - it works really well for the pain and nerve twitching. I tried klonipin but it just make me hyper and sick to my stomach.