Thread: Remedies?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Remedies?

Hi, I have been diagnosed for 3 years now with systemic, affecting my blood, and muscles, headaches every day. Do you know of any herbs or whatever that might help? I am so sick of painkillers.
    Thanks,Soreangel

Thanks

Hi soreangel:
    I have been to a website and they did list some herbs that are pretty effective for lupus patients. The herbs are Echinacea, garlic, thyme and green tea.Echinecea is use to boost the immune system to fight off viral infections,bacterial or fungi infections.Garlic combines well with Enchinacea to fight off infections.Other useful herbs include curcumin, ginger, ginseng, liquorice, flaxseed oil blackcurrant seed oil and dvil's claw. Ginger has anti-inflamatory action. There's really lots of information on all these herbs, but generally, they have anti-inflammatory actions and can help fight off infections by boosting the immune system, thereby beneficial to us.
    Hope this information has been useful,I will try to keep a look out for more informatiion.

Juke of the box :lol:

Thanks

Default HerbaL REMEDIES?

Thanks for the information! Most Drs' say no to devils Claw, but I have been trying the ginseng, ginger, and garlic, also, primrose oil,cal/mag, folic acid, cayenne, feverfew. Man, I must sound like a walking drugstore!
    Take care, and talk soon!
    Soreangel

Thanks

I have heard that Aloe Vera juice is also a good source for boosting immune system. Give it a try.

thanks
    tropically.

Thanks

Hi guys

Just putting in my two bob, but I was always told to avoid anything that boosts the immune system as lupus patients already have a hyped up immune system. Problem being that it just cant tell the difference between the good guys and the bad.

Has anyone else ever been told this?

Hugs to all

Hellie

Thanks

Ermm...I have heard of that one too. However, we are taking medications to control our immune system. As a result, it does make us more prone to infection. I am not sure, but it seems to me that after I had lupus, a mild flu seem to evolve into something huge in my body.
    I have read on the internet that live-bio yogurt helps destroy invading bug, so it is advisable to eat one carton a day. I suppose that yogurt sort of "replace" our hyper immune system that is controlled by our medications and play the role of reducing infections!!!
    Hope I have been helpful! :lol:
    Juke of the box