Thread: Help!

Thanks

Default Help!

I was relaxing in the tub, just finished a cup of banana split icecream, YUM., and started to get out. Well I noticed when I stood up my legs felt a little shakey. OK, can handle that. I lifted one leg over the tub and began drying the other one. I almost lost my balance, got it back. When I finially stood on both legs they began shaking terribly. More severly from the hip to the knee, and not as badly from the knee to the feet. I went to bend down to put my shorts on and as I slightly shifted weight from one foot to the other I almost lost my balance. The leg that had the most weight on it almost gave out and looked like it was convulsing. So I called my husband in to hold my shorts. (which yelling out for someone to come hold your shorts is enough to get anyones curiosity up) So I held on to the wall and the counter, and both legs were shaking uncontrollably. I got my clothes on and with each step it looked like my whole body was shaking. I made it to my recliner, reclined and it stopped, until I tried to cross my feet at the ankles. Right now it is fine....only seems to come with movement and weight bearing. That reeeeaaaalllly scared me. I have been having trouble with my back and arms, and getting an xray on Mon. Any thoughts? Am I alone with this?

I have been good up to this point with handling things coming my way, but ladies and gentlemen......this just scared the @#%t out of me.

I think I need a hug and will def. need a sleeping pill after this.

Needin' love,

Beauchick

Thanks

((((HUG))))))
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

UGH! I hate when wierd stuff crops up like that. My legs DO get like that after sitting in the tub, but only when I've made the water too hot. Not sure why cause it doesn't FEEL too hot to me but I have to sit on the toilet for about ten mins after just to let them adjust to the temp. So how hot was your bath water? Sometimes it makes me dizzy too and way off balance on top of the shaking legs.
    {{{HUG}}} that is scary for sure. Definitely worth a mention to your doc at the next visit.

Thanks

Thanks for the hugs and info.

It is not doing it this morning. It went on for several hours last night.

Ya know Tracy, I didn't think about the water temp. Warm/hot baths are what I use to relax and help my back. I hope that is not what caused it cause I'm not going to know what to do now. I could test this theory. We bought my mother in law a hot tub for xmas a few years ago. (Of course it was before I was dx'd, or it would have been for me :roll: ) Anyway, I could go to her house and get in for a few minutes and see what happens. We keep it at about 110 to 115 degrees. I don't think I could have gotten my bath tub that hot. What do you think?

Thanks again,

Beauchick
    I USE TO SKINNY DIP...NOW I CHUNKY DUNK!

Thanks

Hmmm worth a try but please make sure there is someone there with you in case it does it again. I've resorted to getting a heating pad with a timer on it for my back. That way it helps my back but doesn't burn the bed cause I fell asleep on it.
    Let me know how your theory tests out k? Good luck.