Thread: New Kid on the Block

Thanks

Default New Kid on the Block

Hello Everyone
    I'm new here..my name is Keri, I'm 33 yrs old & I've had Lupus for 10 years. Its been one wild ride with living with this confused disease. I think I've been very lucky to have only been hospitalized 3 times since being diagnosed. Before I was diagnosed I ended up having Pericarditis..which isn't very fun at all. I almost didn't make it. Then I went through 3 months of pure hell..lost a ton of weight, my hair was falling out, I looked anorexic..it was just awful. Then in June '96 I was diagnosed. My 2nd trip to the hospital was b/c I had a blood clot in my right leg..DVT to be exact. Now I'm on Coumadin for the rest of my days. And finally the 3rd trip to the hospital was b/c I had to have a kidney biopsy...I don't wish that upon anyone..that hurt like no other. :shock:

So its definitely been a roller coster ride...So now that you know a little bit about me, I'm anxious to know all about everyone out in cyber land. Looking forward to meeting new friends. My advice to you who are just newly diagnosed..it gets better..I can promise you that. I know it feels like a huge tornado has just ripped through ure life b/c I was once there & I still have days like that. But just always remember there is only one that can truly take care of you & that is Jesus Christ. Now I'm not some holy roller, but he has taken good care of me.

God Bless you all!!!
    Love & Hugs,
    Keri

Thanks

Hi Keri,

It's nice to meet ya. I know what you mean about the lupus roller coaster. I was just dx'd in Nov. 05. I was fortunate to be dx'd within a month but I swear it seems like everything has gone down hill since then. I am to start chemo injections as soon as all of my infections are gone (bronchitis and bladder) I'm hoping they will work. It sounds like you have everything under control after a long road. That gives me hope. Thanks for sharing your story. It means a lot to those of us that are questioning our future. I look forward to seeing you around.

Thanks,

Kathy
    I USE TO SKINNY DIP...NOW I CHUNKY DUNK!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Social Butterfly :lol:
    We are so happy that you've joined us! You will find that we all understand what you mean by the "Roller Coaster Ride" that Lupus sends us all on. I am happy that you are at a point where you are managing your Lupus and are doing better.
    You will also find that every one here is friendly, welcoming, warm, comforting, informative and supportive. I know you will make friends here and I hope that we can provide you with some of what you need. Especially in letting you know that you are not alone and we do understand!

Again.....Welcome :P

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

:angel: Welcome to the family. I totally agree with the 'roller coaster ride'. We all go through ups and downs unpredictably. You never know if tomorow will bring you a good day or bad. :? I've learned that sometimes life hands you situations when all you can do is put one foot in front of the other and live moment to moment.

About the kidney biopsy... :cry: Never again... It hurt so bad. I had mine done in april and there are times when I still think I feel an ache where they did the biopsy.

Thanks for your inspiring words. "It gets better." I'm still trying to cope and adjust to all the emotional and health changes. I've only been diagnosed spring of this year. So everything's still new. Thanks to everyone, I've learned so much about SLE, which brings me comfort, because I know that there are others who understand me, and who are going through the same changes as I am.

You have a new friend here... Welcome again. And hope you'll have a good day today.
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to the family , glad to have you.

Always happy when someone new joins, the family and support just gets BIGGER

hope to hear from you soon ! opcorn:
    I intend to live forever, so far so good