Thread: Nausea/Vomiting

Thanks

Default Nausea/Vomiting

I am in a flare and have not been very successful at holding any food down for approximately 3 weeks now. They are trying all sorts of anti-nausea meds such as Stemetil, Maxaran, Gravol, Pariet and even Cesemat (which I didn't like at all). Does anyone have any ideas? I need to eat... I am losing so much weight and I am getting too low and also my blood pressure is really low, blood sugar is too low and major anemia. They have my husband giving me Gravol injections daily - nothing seems to be working.

Thanks - I would appreciate any advise!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

JenHa55;
    How is your nausea and vomitting? Have your doctors been able to get it under control?
    Hope you are doing better 8)

Saysusie

Thanks

Unfortunately, I am still experiencing the nausea and vomiting, my Rheumatologist says that she has 3 patients in her practice with this phenomenon. She has been in contact with other Lupus doctors and says that nobody seems to know what to do about it. Some say that it doesn't seem to go up and down along with the regular flares, that it has a mind of it's own. One doctor in the Florida claimed it is more of a "damage" thing then a flare thing.

We are still trying and keeping an eye on it for now, but there seems little they can do right now.

Thanks

Hi,
    The only thing that helps me is to take Bonine it's over the counter for diziness and vertigo, helps my nausea, also ginger tea from health food store.
    Hope this helps,
    Susana

Thanks

Ask your doctor about zofran or kytril?

Thanks

Default Nausea / Vomiting

Sorry to hear of your continued problem. I did not have vomiting but had continual nausea, weight loss, no appetite, etc. I never found anything to help the nausea, but when it was not too bad, I was able to make a drink of berries, banana, 2 Tblsp. flax seed oil, and Ensure. This helped a lot in stopping my weight loss and providing nourishment.
    Without giving you a long story of my Lupus history. Let me sum it up by saying that I believe I am now cured. After the nightmares of the harsh traditional drug treatments, my doctor treated me with an over the counter treatment. My doctor has treated over 100 patients with this and she has documented dramatic improvement in all of them, and eradication of the illness in those completing the treatment, including me. This is not wishful thinking, it is a plant derivative with very extensive medical research behind it's development, and it is to be clinically tested at Harvard University Medical School this year.
    Go to www.lupusremedy.com and do your research. It is a low cost ($75 per month) and relatively short term (8-12 months) treatment (9 capsules per day). But compared to a lifetime of suffering, what else compares to this? Good luck, and God bless you.

Andrea
    Andrea