Thread: MARYCAIN! Question for you about the endo

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default MARYCAIN! Question for you about the endo

I saw in one of your replies where you had endo and adhesions and that is when they suspected the UCTD? Is that a symptom of UCTD? The reason I ask is because I have had 7 abdominal laps AND a total hyst for endo, adhesions, cysts, tumor. But I am now looking at surgery 8 for endo and adhesions (ladies if they ever tell you a hyst will get rid of endo RUN! that is so not true cause once it gets out of the reproductive organs it can still grow, I've had 3 surgeries SINCE my total hyst with the removal of ovaries). Anyway I was just wondering if that was indeed a symptom? My official diagnosis is SLE with some other MCTD that they never said the name of. But if the endo/adhesions is a symptom of one or the other it would make sense why it keeps coming back after getting my tune ups as I call them.

Thanks

Default I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE RELATED OR NOT

I was diagnosed with endo when I was in college - I'd always had horrible problems with my cycle ever since puberty, but it just kept getting worse - what really make the doc suspect endo was my nose would bleed during every period. I had several laproscopies for infertility problems, but the endo just kept recurring, so my GYN finally put me on Lupron. I had other symptoms, chronic anemia, joint pains, fatigue, etc. but always assumed it was the endo or a side effect of the lupron.

When I started vomiting and had about a 30-pound weight loss, my doctor thought my gallbladder was the problem. It was actually the surgeon doing the gallbladder surgery who suspected a CTD because the adhesions, etc. didn't look like endo - plus he noticed during the surgery that I had a reynauds attack because the OR was cold - he referred me to a rheumatologist.

I've always been told that endometriosis is caused when endometrial tissue is misplaced during fetal development, and implants itself in tissues other than the cervical lining. Since the tissue responds to the hormones during your menstrual cycle, it can bleed - the bleeding causes irritation,scarring and adhesions. It can also cause ovarian cysts, as you probably know from experience. It seems like a lot of women with lupus also have endo, so maybe there's some auto-immune link that doctors haven't found yet.

Hope this helps - wish I had more specific information that might help.

Thanks

Thanks. That's what I was asking, if they had found a link between the two in your case. As I said, I am looking at my 8th surgery for the endo/adhesions and just wondered if maybe there was a connection with the Lupus.
    Thanks again.

Thanks

Hmmm after I posted I googled the three things (endo, lupus and adhesions). Most everything I read said that the women with Endo have a higher chance of having an autoimmune disease like SLE and those with SLE have a higher chance of developing adhesions. NONE of my drs have ever mentioned that before. Just thought that was interesting and might explain why I can't get rid of the darn things. That really stinks!!! It's bad enough having to deal with one but all three? Sometimes life just ain't fair at all.

Thanks

I guess that explains why we have some much trouble with adhesions -you would think the doctors would tell us these things. Every time I have a bad bout of abdominal pain I always wonder it it's going to be something that needs surgery - I'm a lot more cautious than I used to be - I had an endometrial cyst that ruptured and I almost bled to death from something my gynecologist thought was no big deal - "it's just an ovarian cyst" according to him.