Thread: hi from cape town

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi from cape town

Hi fellow lupies.
    Spring, very sunny spring has just arrived in cape town south africa.
    With that the added danger of over exposure to the sun.
    If any other lupie capetonians/south africans have similiar concerns pls i would like to hear from you.
    We could share some sun remedies ?

you never remember what you are taught, only what you learn

Thanks

Just wanted to say hi this morning. Am not a "Capetonian" or from South Africa but wanted to wish you an enjoyable spring experience. I live in Canada and we have had a very hot and dry summer. I really hate to say it but thank goodness we are moving into fall. This summer especially has been difficult for lupies all over North America. I would imagine summer in South Africa gets pretty warm. I had a foster daughter from West Africa and she just loved the sun. The hotter the better but of course she didn't have lupus.

Anyway, nice to meet you and hope you have a good supply of sun screen.

The beautifulbeluga

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Morpheus :lol:

There is a thread here in "Lauri's Lounge" entitled, "What's A Good Sunblock". In this thread, our members share a lot of their sunscreen/sun protection regimes. Maybe you will find some helpful hints there.
    This has, indeed, been a very intense summer for most of us and we've all had to take extra precautions to protect ourselves from the sun.
    I hope that you are able to enjoy a beautiful spring in South Africa 8)
    Don't forget to wear your hat, your sunglasses and, always, your sunscreen.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Spring in Capetown

Hi Morpheus,

It's always so good to see your posts. Isn't Spring wonderful, new growth, fresh air, colors splash all over - or I'm dreaming about the states again?

I use a SPF 30 sunscreen on my face; my dermatologist says that really is where the ulimate coverage stops - anything higher is spending more money. I always always wear long sleeves, it really seems to help me.

I hope you enjoy Spring in Capetown, doesn't that sound so refreshing?
    What is it like in Capetown in Spring, Summer and Fall?

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Spring is blossomy, with fresh smells every morning, and sometimes just a hint of the sea breaze,
    It is the perfect weather, unfortunatley not much for people with lupus, well sometimes only.
    Summer, can be the most beautifull season, and also the most unbearable,
    with temperature reaching up to 37C , so definitely not for lupies.

Spring and fall is the best. Neither is too hot or too cold,
    Just cool.

You never remember what you are taught, only what you learn.
    Author unknown

Thanks

hiya peeps, the summer here in the UK has surprisingly been quite sunny.. downside for me? i only found out last week (after having the rash since february) that the sun made it worse! i thought i was alergic to our chickens so its been a bit of a nightmare really, i look like a vampire who didnt go to bed on time, bits of skin hanging off, burnt and singed, the sores bleed each time i smile or use the muscles of my face.. its a bit grim! but the good news is my GP said he will write me a prescription for a factor 60 sunblock and i get it for free because i am on disability benefit - i cant wait to look human again )
    hugs
    dizzy
    xx
    ps i cant imagine what it would hae been like living somewhere really hot! i mean this is england - we think anything over.. dry and no breeze, is a heat wave, still christmas is coming and then its gonna be cold, although the doc says the problem with the sun and my eyes might last through the winter, as its light and not sun that caused it.. anyone else feel like someone is shining a torch into their face whenever they look at the sky?
    ok waffle over for tonight, its almost 2am and im off to bed - gotta duck show tomorow and have to blow dry my pekins lolol