Thread: Newbie

Thanks

Default Newbie

Hi everyone! I am a 24 yr old single mom with SLE, I was dx in 2004, but had been showing the symptoms since I was about 12. It has not been too terrible for me yet *knock on wood* though the flares have been increasing and limiting my mobility a little more than I would like to admit. I would love to be able to talk to other people that know what its like to live with this every single day. And to get to know the disease a little bit better for myself and my new boyfriend.
    Look forward to meeting all of you!

Thanks

Default Hi!!!

I'm totally new here too, so I'm just saying hi. I'm a 40 yr old mom of two, you can read my post. Being a mom with lupus is awful and beautiful at the same time. My children have definately learned compassion. My daughter, 14 going on 35, is very helpful and wonderful. I couldn't get through my days with my Asperger's son with out her. I can't imagine being a single mom, so I have huge respect for you. What is the game plan for your treatment? My rheumy is out of ideas, but I'm not a good example to go by. My diabetes, fatty liver disease don't help things. My daughter wants to do homework on this computer, silly girl. She really needs to learn priorities. I mean what's more important, chatting or her honors classes?? Really.

Thanks

Hi bluebutterfly! Welcome to our family. I'm 27 and I have lived with the disease since I was 11. Let us know with whatever we can help you with. Educating yourself and others is the key. Hope to talk with you soon!
    ~Butterfly :lol:
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Butterfly :lol:

Welcome to our forum and our family. I am also glad that you've found us and I hope that we are able to give you some of the support, information and comfort that you need. We especially want you to know that you are not alone and that everyone here understands what you are going through and wants to help you in any way that we can.

Again....
    Welcome
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Re: Hi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mommygiraffe
    I'm totally new here too, so I'm just saying hi. I'm a 40 yr old mom of two, you can read my post. Being a mom with lupus is awful and beautiful at the same time. My children have definately learned compassion. My daughter, 14 going on 35, is very helpful and wonderful. I couldn't get through my days with my Asperger's son with out her. I can't imagine being a single mom, so I have huge respect for you. What is the game plan for your treatment? My rheumy is out of ideas, but I'm not a good example to go by. My diabetes, fatty liver disease don't help things. My daughter wants to do homework on this computer, silly girl. She really needs to learn priorities. I mean what's more important, chatting or her honors classes?? Really.
    LOL! My son has cerebral palsy and a lot of brain damage due to prematurity, and he knows when I have my bad days. Game plan- looking for a new doctor, I am taking Ibuprofin for pain management, Im trying to avoid the big things so that I can avoid as many side effects as I can.