It just seems like every week I have something new going on, and I just don't feel like my doctors are always listening....

Anyway, for the past 15 days or so, my right shoulder has been killing me, to the point where it wakes me in the middle of the night if I move the wrong way. In addition, I have seriously decreased range of motion and serious weakness. I can't even lift a bottle of juice or pitcher of water. The pain extends down into my arm and my wrist is also swollen and extremely painful and doesn't move right either. I have taken to wearing a brace on my wrist so I can type at work. My shoulder feels like it is being pulled out when I move it forward or up and if I sleep on my back and it falls back, I have to literally grab my right arm with my left hand to make it move and it hurts so bad it takes my breath away.

When I spoke to the rheumy about it last week at my check up, he said it isn't joint pain, but the ligament along the front of my shoulder. He said take tylenol and give the plaquenil and mobic another two months to work. Since then, I have lost about half the use of that arm. I have a hard time getting dressed, I can't lift anything, I can't open a can of soda, and I can't grip or grasp anything. I am sooo frustrated.

I don't even know what to do to alleviate the pain at all. Tylenol is not helping. I have a few Vicodin, but I don't want to take them if I don't have to. I have two kids and a full time job. Help!

Thanks.

- peach