Thread: Surveys on Lupus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Surveys on Lupus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!

I am currently researching on Lupus and on Lupus patients and writing an essay on it. I hope everyone here can help me out by filling out surveys on this topic. I really appreciate it!

Thanks

Leave your email addresses so I can email you the surveys!!

Thanks

I hate to be a downer, but there aren't many people, if any, who are going to post their email addresses for the whole world to see... Especially, with all of the spammers and scammers that we have seen on this board! You COULD ask us the questions in the forums and start discussions... In fact, you might get more information that way...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

I agree with Solesinger. I don't really feel comfortable giving out my E-mail address. YOU could always post YOUR address so anyone interested in participating could contact you.

Thanks

I hope anyone who is interested in doing this quick and easy survey to help me out! Thank you in advance!!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/Users/46...COPY_THIS_LINK

http://www.surveymonkey.com/Users/46...COPY_THIS_LINK

Thanks

Bluebear I checked out the survey. You might want to look at question # 8 though. There really is no known cause of how a person gets lupus and many people are not going to be able to answer this question accurately for you. It could be misleading information in your essay.
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Thank you ButterflyRN! Yes, I understand, I've looked through many textbooks and information about Lupus and many causes are unknown. I don't know what other causes of Lupus exist, but I tried to state the known ones. It's okay if it is unknown. I think I will try to write that explanation in my essay. Thank you for helping me out!

Thanks

"Other causes"? There IS no KNOWN cause all the things listed on your survey are only guesses... No one is really SURE where they got it except possibly people with drug induced lupus... I don't even think people with autoimmune disorders in their geneology can say with 100% certainty that is where it came from... See what I mean?
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Default JUST A COUPLE OF SUGGESTIONS

QUESTION NO 6 ABOUT "MOST COMMON" SYMPTOMS - THE QUESTION IS UNCLEAR BECAUSE ALL OF THOSE SYMPTOMS ARE COMMON WITH LUPUS, - IT WOULD BE VERY UNUSUAL FOR SOMEONE TO HAVE ONLY ONE SYMPTOM OF LUPUS, WHICH IS WHAT THE QUESTION IMPLIES.

I AGREE WITH OTHER COMMENTS ABOUT QUESTION NO. 8 - UNLIKE HUNTINGDONS, SICLE CELL, AND OTHER DISEASES WITH A SINGLE GENETIC MARKER, LUPUS ISN'T CAUSED BY JUST ONE THING, WHICH IS WHY THERE IS NO DEFINITE TEST FOR LUPUS. EVEN IN DRUG-INDUCED LUPUS, DOCTORS STILL DON'T KNOW WHY ONE PERSON GETS IT AND ANOTHER DOESN'T.

IT IS KNOWN THAT BLACK AND ASIAN WOMEN HAVE A MUCH HIGHER INCIDENCE OF LUPUS THAN CAUCASIAN WOMEN, OFTEN WITH MORE SEVERE COMPLICATIONS, BUT YOU DIDN'T ASK ABOUT ETHNIC BACKGROUND.

SURVEY ALSO DIDN'T ASK ABOUT ACCESS TO MEDICAL CARE, AND WHAT TYPE OF DOCTOR MOST PEOPLE ARE SEEING (RHEUMIE, GP, INTERNIST, ETC.)

AFTER REVIEWING BOTH SURVEYS, I'M STILL NOT SURE WHAT INFORMATION YOU'RE TRYING TO GET - THE SURVEY QUESTIONS SEEM PRETTY UNFOCUSED TO ME. YOU MENTIONED AN ESSAY, BUT "LUPUS" AS A TOPIC IS PRETTY BROAD, NOT TO MENTION VAGUE. IS THIS ESSAY FOR AN ENGLISH CLASS, A PSYCHOLOGY CLASS, OR SOME OTHER ASSIGNMENT? AS WITH ANY WRITING ASSIGNMENT, YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE BEFORE YOU BEGIN.

I DON'T MEAN TO BE SUPERCRITICAL HERE; IT'S JUST MY INSTINCTS AS A FORMER TEACHER KICKING IN. I THINK UNLESS YOU SIT DOWN AND THINK THIS TOPIC THROUGH, DECIDING WHAT YOU WANT THE FOCUS OF YOUR PAPER TO BE, YOU'RE GOING TO END UP WITH A LOT OF RANDOM DATA AND NO CLEAR IDEA HOW TO ORGANIZE IT INTO A MEANINGFUL ESSAY.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WORK.

Thanks

Default LUPUS SURVEY!!!!!

I have my 'continued multiple choice lupus survey' and I hope the people who have completed the first one help me fill out this one too. Thank you, I appreciate your help=)=)
    Here is the link:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?A=143565660E98064