Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HI EVERYONE!!!!

Thanks

It's actually not a University paper, but a high school paper. I'm only doing a collection of data from surveys. I hope you are able to help me out!

Thanks

Blue Bear,

There is an HUGE AMOUNT OF INFORMATION AT THE PUBLIC LIBRARY. If your parents have a family physician that you have a good relationship with, make an appointment with that individual. You're asking questions that I doubt very seriously anyone here will answer. I applaud that you have chosen this subject to write your paper about; make sure when you write it...write it from a factual, scientific informational base; there are thousands here who could give a different answer for every question. Keep your sources factual, and I'm only speaking for myself here; while you're trying to do a good job on this homework assignment; we aren't the ones with the scientific information you need to report on; check with doctors, check with hospitals, check with libraries, check with Universities who may be doing clinical trials, etc. I will agree with ALL WHO HAVE SPOKEN HERE, this is not the right venue for your homework assignment.

Lupus and ALL of it's associative diseases are more complicated than we can explain. You're asking patients, who are desperately seeking cures and solutions themselves....BECAUSE WE'RE SUFFERING. If we had answers, we wouldn't be in this present situation.

I appreciate that you're doing homework, however, please be respectful that you're asking a patient to answer questions many doctors can't yet explain themselves. The research on lupus is so far-reaching and so wide-spread in its scope, it's impossible to give you answers or the parameters of this disease and its outcome.

Your eagerness is appreciated, I strongly believe that you will find more substantial information elsewhere.

Browneyedgirl,
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

www.lupus.org is a GREAT resource...
    Also, www.lupuscenter.org might be helpful...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Blue Bear,
    If it is Lupus you are doing a paper about, you have been given several excellant sources for information. If the paper goal is be able to administer and collect data via a survey and you just happened to pick Lupus as your topic, obviously these sources are not going to be much help. However, as a high school student in this techno age, I am sure you understand the risks of giving out personal information, such as an e-mail address, online. Perhaps you could set up a website with the survey on it. That way people willing to participate can visit you site, print the survey and snail mail it to you without having to 'get personal'. You could check with your teacher about having them sent to the school with 'attention teacher's name'. that way your do not have to give your personal address either. Also you could include an e-mail address for returning it for anyone wanting to do it that way. Good luck on your assignment.