Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TUNE IN: AUGUST 31,THURSDAY - LUPUS ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA

Thanks

Default TUNE IN: AUGUST 31,THURSDAY - LUPUS ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA

Hi All,

Angie mentioned this on an earlier post about the LUPUS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA....will be on TV, Thursday - August 31st on the Good Morning America Show. PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl

Great News from the Lupus Foundation of America, Inc.

Public awareness of lupus will get a giant boost on Thursday, August 31 when representatives of the Lupus Foundation of America appear on ABC's Good Morning America between 8:30 a.m. 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time. Dr. Susan Manzi, a member of the LFA Medical-Scientific Advisory Council, will present an overview of the medical aspects of lupus. Kelly Drury, a member of the LFA, Illinois Chapter Board of Directors and a national spokesperson for the LFA, will discuss her personal case of lupus and explain to GMA's nearly six million viewers the serious impact lupus can have on individuals and families. This is an excellent opportunity to bring urgently needed national attention to lupus. Please share this message with others and encourage them to watch Good Morning America next Thursday, August 31 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern.
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default lupus report

hi everyone, it's great to hear us lupies are experiencing such publicity.
    However, due to the fact that i'm all the way in south africa, unfortunatelyi a am not be able to recieve american channels
    :cry:
    So i was wondering if anyone was planning on recording it and perhaps put it on the site as a link for all the other lupies that won't recieve the show?

pls?

Thanks

I looked on ABC's website and it seems like they have video clips from today's stories. Just click on the link "VIDEO" in red next to the topic you wish to see and you can watch the clip. I'm assuming that on Thursday there will be a clip for the Lupus story.
    The website link for Good Morning America is:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

Hope this helps!

Angie

Thanks

Does anyone know what this lady's 'position' is on lupus? If she goes on and says, "lupus is like this -xyz - but people with SLE can work and lead normal lives" ... this could do more harm than good.

I'm not sure I should tip my friends to watch it to understand, or not.
    i love the smell of doughnuts in the morning. it's the smell of... victory!

Thanks

Dr. Susan Manzi is the co- director of the lupus center of excellence at Magee's women's hospital in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. She cares for patients and I hope she will be our advocate and let others know we can lead normal lives but sometimes we can be really sick too and not lead normal lives like others. Below is a little profile on her. I know there are a few people that have posted that have been to the lupus center in Pittsburgh. Maybe they can give more insite on her. As for the other person I do not know anything about them.

http://www.lupuscenter.org/personnel/smanzi.html
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

I saw it!!!!!! It was short but I thought well done.

Thanks

I thought that the segment was great.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

I unfortunately missed it but was able to read a bit from the segment. Did they speak as our lupus advocate??
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Yes definately I thought so butterfly. It was so short there was little time for anything but a bit of a personal story and a great plug for more research for lupus. It really was about needed awareness and research. "Lupus needs a Michael J. Fox" to bring attention to this disease.

Thanks

I thought it had good info... What I thought was rubbish was that their stupid segment on ice cream sundaes got more time than a life threatening illness... That is BS!!!!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono