Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoleSinger

Thanks

Default SoleSinger

I got my CD!!! Haven't listened to all of it, just came yesterday, but love it so far. Even my 8 year old loves it. Asked me if he could have it for his collection actually. :lol: GREAT job!!! So are you guys going to tour or do you just play locally in CO?
    Thanks so much for the little extra in the BIG envelope. dh asked me why the envelope was so big. ROFL I said cause it's the one she had handy.
    Thanks again!!

Thanks

LOL!

Actually... You can consider those collector's items now LOL! I'm not in the band anymore... and... we'll just leave it at that... LOL!!

YAYAYAY!!! I'm so glad you got it!!!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Yeah I remember you posting about all of the drama with the new girl. I just figured one day they'd come to their senses.

Thanks

Oh no... Me and Ron... The guy who sings In Your Eyes, Kickin' Rocks, and April's Fool both left the band because she didn't like the band's music, and frankly, it didn't make sense to either of us why she would be in a band where she didn't like the music... Plus, I for one joined a group... Not Diva and the Drones... Plus.... She screams, she doesn't sing. Okay no more (De)Monique bashing... Sorry!

Thanks

I got my CD (plus a special something!) as well!

SoleSinger, you ROCK! I also haven't had time to listen to the whole thing, just got it last night. You have a powerful talkent, SoleSinger, thank you for sharing that with us!

I hope the NEW band works out even better, and that we hear more of you on future CD's.

Can't wait to take this to work and let my coworkers hear it!

Thanks

Awww Thanks you guys!!! You are going to make me blush!!! ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops:

Thanks

Default SOLESINGER, I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOUR MUSIC

IS THERE A WEBSITE ANYWHERE I COULD HEAR A CLIP? I'M NEW TO THE FORUM SO HAVEN'T READ YOUR EARLIER POSTS, BUT I ASSUME FROM YOUR SCREEN NAME IT MUST BE SOUL, BLUES OR GOSPEL OR ALL THE ABOVE. I LIKE THEM ALL, ALTHOUGH I'M PROBABLY MORE FAMILIAR WITH GOSPEL THAN ANYTHING.

I LIVE CLOSE TO HENDERSON, KY, WHERE WC HANDY MET AND MARRIED HIS FIRST WIFE - THERE'S A BIG PARK NAMED AFTER HIM THAT HOSTS A BLUES FESTIVAL EVERY YEAR. IT'S A WEEK LONG EVENT WITH SOME GREAT MUSIC.

I LOVE MUSIC BUT MINE HAS PRETTY MUCH BEEN A VICTIM OF THE DISEASE - MY HANDS ARE TOO STIFF TO PLAY MOST OF MY FAVORITE INSTRUMENTS AND I JUST DON'T HAVE THE DEXTERITY I USED TO HAVE. I CAN STILL MANAGE GUITAR CHORDS FAIRLY WELL, BUT FINGER PICKING IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. SAME FOR HARP AND FRETTED DULCIMER. I'VE BEEN EXPERIMENTING WITH A MIDI INTERFACE ON THE COMPUTER, BUT THE SYNTHESIZED SOUND JUST DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT TO ME - I GREW UP PLAYING THE PIANO THE OLD FASHIONED WAY - I DON'T EVEN OWN AN ELECTRONIC KEYBOARD. AS FOR SINGING, THAT'S EVEN MORE OF A WRITE-OFF. I USED TO HAVE A GOOD VOICE, NOT GREAT, BUT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN LEADS IN SEVERAL COLLEGE AND COMMUNITY MUSICALS AND SOLOIST WITH COMMUNITY CHOIR. NOW I SOUND MORE LIKE A TWO YEAR OLD. NOT SURE WHY BUT I SUSPECT BEING ON A VENTILATOR SEVERAL TIMES MAY HAVE DAMAGED MY VOCAL CORDS. I STILL SING WHEN I'M BY MYSELF BECAUSE SINGING IS AS ESSENTIAL TO ME AS BREATHING.

DO YOU WRITE YOUR OWN MUSIC, OR HAVE A FAVORITE COMPOSER? I HAVE PRETTY ECLECTIC TASTE - I ENJOY ALMOST ANYTHING EXCEPT GERMAN OPERA AND GANSTA RAP.
    MY FAVORIE FEMALE VOCALIST IS PROBABLY BETH NIELSON CHAPMAN, ALTHOUGH I ALSO REALLY LIKE BONNIE RAITT, BUFFY ST. MARIE, AND A LONG LIST OF OTHERS. MALE MUSICIAN IS HANDS DOWN DOUGIE MACLEAN - I LOVE HIS MUSIC SO MUCH I WENT TO SCOTLAND TO VISIT HIS RECORDING STUDIO.

OKAY AS YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL, I LOVE MUSIC AND ALWAYS WANT TO LEARN ABOUT NEW ARTISTS. SO HOW DO I GET MY PAWS ON SOME OF YOUR MUSIC - I'M DYING TO HEAR IT. PLUS ANY OTHER ARTISTS YOU CAN RECOMMEND - MY MUSICAL EDUCATION IN THE BLUES GENRE IS PRETTY SKIMPY. I HAVE A COUPLE OF MUSIC SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES TO GET MUSIC FROM.

THANKS!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Solesinger :lol:
    I am so happy that your CD is finally finished and doing well. You went through a lot to get to this point..Congratulations!!!!!

Just a little tooting of my own horn and not to take away from your success at all! Did everyone forget that I also had a CD released?? :cry:
    My CD was produced by the administrator of this site and was original songs in honor of and in memory of my daughter. It is available at Songpeddler.com - Carlotta Diggs

Thanx for letting me put in that little plug :roll:

Saysusie

Thanks

Plug away Saysusie!!! you can hear some of the band's music at www.myspace.com/trickshotband It doesn't say it on the site, but the songs on the site are me... The pictures are of HER :x

Thanks

SoleSinger, I've now listened to the "produced" cd all the way through - fantastic! Your voice is spectacular -- I hope you conitnue with your singing career even without that band. Today I think I'll finally have a chance to listen to the other one.

SaySusie, when I searched Carlotta Diggs on that site I got several choices - which one is the one in honor of your daughter? Here's the link to the site -
    http://songpeddler.com/sp_search_res...Carlotta+Diggs

Marycain, I understand your need for music, I think it is as essential as breathing, even for those of us with no talent! I grew up playing piano and guitar, was actually pretty good at both but haven't had the opportunity to play either for many years. I know my hands don't have the flexibility they used to, and my voice? Well, I was never a nightengale anyway... I still usually have music playing - or playing in my head and heart - all of the time.