Thread: Because of the weather change??

Thanks

Default Because of the weather change??

I know how it feels to have the lupus migraines/headaches. But, all night last night and all day today, I've had the same headache. And its not the typical headache that I get, the pain sits at the back of my head, close to my neck. The pain traveled into my neck to my upper back. I feel so achey and tight, like I need a massage. I had trouble staying asleep last night because of the headache and the aches and pains I feel in my neck and back. Its been sunny and warm all week, then today, the breeze felt cooler, and the sun gave way to clouds. Rain was on its way. Could my bad headache be due to the weather change? Gosh, I'm only 30 years old, but my body feels like its 90. :cry:
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The area of your headache suggests a stress/tension headache!! Yes, stress can cause headaches and they generally are located on the back of the head, upper neck and shoulder areas!!
    They can be just as painful and relentless as migraines and often do not respond to migraine medication. There are some good over-the-counter medications for stress/tension headaches. Also, here are some suggestions for stress headaches:
    Besides taking medicine, other things you can do to ease the pain of a tension headache include the following:
    Put a heat pack or an ice pack on your head or neck.
    Take a hot shower.
    Get enough rest or sleep.
    Take time away from things that are stressful. This could mean doing anything from taking a brief walk to going on a long vacation.
    Get some form of regular exercise every day. Usually, non-strenuous exercises work best for us fellow Lupus sufferers.

With reference to the heat, I have found that sleeping with fans blowing tends to cause extreme dryness in my sinus cavities and my eyes. This, eventually, causes me to wake up with a horrible headache because of the hot, dry air constantly blowing on me. I've had to resort to turning off all of the fans and just sleeping with the window open and sleeping almost nude (after showering and powdering my body so that I can stay clean and dry all night). So, yes, the heat may be contributing to your headache also!!

Best Of Luck
    Saysusie

Thanks

Thanks Saysusie. How do you find the time to answer all of our questions? I've learned so much from you and I'm very grateful to have you in our forum. How did you know that I usually sleep with a fan on during the night? I can see how that could cause the headaches. I'll try to sleep without it tonight. It wasn't too warm last night. I slept with the windows wide open minus the fan. I actually slept through most of the night. I had a restful sleep for a change. And the headache that I had since friday is finally gone. Good riddens!

Thanks again Saysusie.
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi;
    I am truly devoted to this site, so finding the time to research and answer questions is never a problem for me. This site is a part of who I am, so it defines what I do :lol:
    Many of us have been using fans this summer due to the heat and I know what the fans did to me!! Like you, I sleep much sounder without them. I am glad that your headache has subsided and hope that you find a way to avoid them entirely (as much as we Lupies can - huh?)

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie