Thread: Is this weird?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Is this weird?

Hi all!

The weirdest things have been happening to me recently... I keep getting things mixed up... Not like I forget things, but I have called the dog the couch, the chair the dishwasher, etc. Today, I walked into our garage, and it REEKED of cigars which made me nauseous, and instead of saying I'm going to be sick, I said I'm going to pee... It's like I've replaced words with other words, and don't think anything of it until several seconds later when I think "wait, what did I just say?"

Is this part of brain fog, or could something else be wrong?

Thanks...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lupus brain fog is a symptom of CNS involvement. What you describe sounds like CNS involvment. The brain fog (CNS) varies and its symptoms change (just like Lupus). It sounds like confusion and that is a symptom of CNS.
    You might want to discuss this new symptom with your doctor so that you both can take steps to determine just how much CNS involvment you have now!!

I wish you the best
    Saysusie

Thanks

Would that show something on an MRI? Because I just had one a couple weeks ago for the cyst on my brain, and she didn't mention anything... I have an appointment tomorrow, so I guess we'll find out!

Thanks!!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Default DO YOU NOTICE ANT PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS WHEN THIS IS HAPPENING?

Like clumsiness, dropping things, weakness in arm or hand, blurred vision, tingling feeling, or losing your balance? Mixing up words or not being able to remember words is a form of expressive aphasia and could be caused by CNS involvement, but it could also be a warning sign of a TIA or stroke, especially if you have antiphospholipid antibodies or a history of blood clots. Please let your doctor know about this and get it checked out asap,

Thanks

Default Hi Solesinger,

We've never had a chance to chat, but I wanted to echo what everyone else has said on this post.

I suffer from progessive CNS lupus and also have antiphospholipid thingamajigs (sorry) lost the technical term....see, it happens to me all the time. You do need to get checked out, perhaps by a neurologist or two. It's nothing to ignore....when your body talks; it pays to listen.

As Marycain said, it could be a lead-in to TIA - Transeschemic Attack; which is what happened to me.

I wish you well, and hope you find answers that will calm your fears.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown