Thread: Need Support.

Thanks

Default Need Support.

Hello My name is stefanie

I was googling lupus support and this site came up it looked so nice. I've been living with lupus for just over a year now and it's been one really tough year. I was living with my boyfriend but we both decided to go our seperate ways as he told me that my illness was just to much for him. He said I was always sick and that was just to much for him to deal with. I hope that I can find some new friends and lots of support as I have now lost my number one support (my boyfriend) well I hope to get to know all of you better.

take care

stef

Thanks

I'm so glad you found us Stefanie. Welcome! :BIG: You'll feel right at home here. Everyone is very supportive, friendly, informative... You'll never be alone. And you'll always have a friend here...
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend. It must be so hard to feel shunned for something you have absolutely no control over. But I can promise you there are guys out there who are willing to put up with the disease just to be with you. I found one, and you will too! :lol: Real love doesn't run the other way when things get harder, it holds on even tighter. You'll find a better guy. In the meantime, know that there are others JUST LIKE YOU here that you can turn to for support. Sometimes it helps me to come here and read, knowing that I'm not the only one like this. So smile and look forward to tomorrow.
    There is a saying I really like:
    "Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present."
    Take care!

Thanks

This is a wonderful place Stefanie. And it's true, when you find that special someone, your heart and soul will matter to him, not your illness.

Welcome.
    44, dx in 2000 for SLE... I survive by my creativity.
    My daily blog and excuse to post artwork and photography: http://www.jaynedarcy.us

My writing group: http://www.3rdeyewriters.com

Thanks

Hi Stefanie. You've stumbled on a great site. I just recently got diagnosed and have had major probs with my boyfriend as well. Welcome to the family and we are here, all hours, if you need to talk.