Thread: swollen hand

Thanks

Default swollen hand

I took a nap and woke up and noticed that my muscles in my right arm are hurting and my hand is swollen around the knuckles. I put ice on it, but the swelling has not gone down. It did ease the pain some though. I have a doctors appointment in the morning at the Rhuemy, so it's the first thing I am going to mention. Anyone else have this happen before? Everytime I see bad swelling like that I'm always soooo scared of a clot.

Thanks

Good luck at the your rheumy appointment tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you. :angel:

Hmmm, did you sleep on that side? Did that ever happen to you before? My fingers swell up too especially in the morning. They say its from being in the same position for a long time, and for not moving my fingers during that time. But, after moving my fingers while I get ready for work in the morning, the swelling slowly goes away.

I have a sleeping story for you. Early last week, I woke up with a painful left middle finger. I still don't have full range of motion, can't bend it like the other fingers yet, and if I tried to, I'd feel pain. And this morning, I musta not been thinking, but I forgot that I can't bend it, and I did... OW! :cry: Gosh, it hurt so much. Weird huh? Things we do in our sleep and not know it. I'm still trying to figure out how I hurt myself in my sleep. :sleeping: I developed tendonitis in my wrist and thumb area, so to protect it while I sleep, I wear a splint/brace. It helps a lot.

See you online soon. :multi:
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

Default hand swelling

The swelling in my hands and shoulder joint pain is usually my first sign of a flare. In fact, it just started hapenning again recently, so I am making my appt today...

I look like I have bratwurst for fingers