Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insomnia

Thanks

Hatlady, do try your Ambien. Just do make sure you have a block of eight hours sleep and when you wake, you won't be groggy. I used Ambien a couple years ago, I believe when it was first being advertised. I had a really bad block of insomnia (I'd stayed up straight three nights in a row) and the doc had me try these.

They worked very well in breaking the cycle of insomnia. The reason I did not stay on them, and I could be wrong, but I understand that they're only to be used for a little while, is that I stopped dreaming. Dreams I believe are very important to one's health.
    44, dx in 2000 for SLE... I survive by my creativity.
    My daily blog and excuse to post artwork and photography: http://www.jaynedarcy.us

My writing group: http://www.3rdeyewriters.com

Thanks

Thanks, Janedarcy, I might just do that!

I just wandered over to your blog - good reading, thanks for sharing!

Thanks

You must try Ambien, if you can get a prescrpt. from you dr.! My Prednisone keeps me from sleeping, if I happened to get to sleep, I wake a few hours later, takes me 2 hours to get back to sleep. SO....My Ambien comes in 10mg caplets-I break them into 3rds....thats all I need is a 1/3 and I sleep all night!!! I only take it when I have a bad night. Benedryl IS the SAME EXACT ingredient as over the counter sleeping aids- I cannot take it, I feel groggy the next day until 4pm!!!!
    Good luck! You do need rest, give it a try.
    KimbCalif. :lol:

Thanks

No ma'am! It wasn't me!! I take Trazodone and it works pretty well...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

I did it again. I fell asleep early last night and woke up around 2ish. I couldn't fall back asleep for a while. I laid in bed with my eyes closed, hoping I'd fall asleep. I became so frustrated, looked at the clock, felt like an hour went by, and according to the clock, only 5 minutes went by. Gosh, the time drags when you lay in bed awake tossing and turning. I'm going to take some Tylenol PM later, Nyquil also knocks me out. My sleep seems to consist of several naps. I wish I can sleep for 6-8 straight hours. :sleeping:
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

Default Oh, be VERY careful with Nyquil...

In a lot of people, any kind of cold remedy, including nyquil, can cause your blood pressure to ZOOM! I ended up in the emergency room because I was taking Nyquil.
    My doctor has me taking Xanax. I take .5 mg during the morning, .5 mg during the after noon, and 10 mg at night. It works for me.

Thanks

I have fibromyalgia along with my SLE, which is very common. Fibro comes with a sleep disorder where you can't get into the deeper sleep levels. I would have trouble getting to sleep, then I'd wake up practically once an hour. My rheumatologist prescribed low dose Elavil to take a couple hrs before bedtime. It apparently helps you get into the deeper levels of sleep. It's the only thing that helps me sleep through the night. It also is supposed to raise the pain threshold. It's an old-fashioned antidepressant that raises the serotonin levels or something like that.