Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fight the battle of Lupus by eating right!!!

Thanks

Default fight the battle of Lupus by eating right!!!

MEMBER BOOTED

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am truly happy that you have found a way to manage your lupus and that your symptoms are subsiding. While there is no cure for Lupus at this time, I do not agree that the medications stop working or that they only supress the disease. Many people have achieved remission on many of the lupus medications and many people have been able to live and maintain relatively normal lives due to their medications.
    I also do not believe that Lupus is a disease that will definately kill you. There are very many of us who have lived many, many years with this disease and, with lifestyle changes, medications, and proper precautions, we live fairly normal and healthy lives.
    I do not mind if you share what experiences have worked for you, but please do not post your experiences as 'Cures'...we do not allow such postings on this site. In fact, we view such postings as spams.
    You are welcome to participate on these forums, but not if you are selling any type of product, regimine, or claiming any cures!

Saysusie

Thanks

Default not cures!

eating healthy is not a cure..but neither are the medications...and medications by taking them in long periods of time can be harmful..trust me I know!

there are alternate holistics remedies that people should search for, My lupus turned out to be very severe so I have to express and feel I have to tell all others that suffer with Lupus to also try other remedies.

Thanks

Default Re: fight the battle of Lupus by eating right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fiorny1

Hello my name is Fior, from NY, I am 32 years old and was diagnosed with SLE at the age of fifteen. SLE flares ups did not start aggravating me until I was 25years old..since then it has been down hill...get bad flares ups with athritis pain which left me bedridden for a year. I have been taking predisnone , cannot picture myself not ever taking that medicine..scary to think...plus I take tons of others...got shingles with menigitis, two mild strokes, my blood started clotting...luckily the stroke did not dibilitate me...then SLE starts attacking your kidneys, had kidney failure and blew up from 115 to 160lbs in two weeks...had to do chemo therapy or die! That happen even when I was on Imuran then Cellcept...I sat in the hospital and cried out to God, please help me..please help me..give me strength to fight this disease that will eventually will kill me!
    My doctors told me that I cannot ever have kids...so be careful of ever getting pregnant cause that cause a very bad flared up.....I was just so sad...I am 32 young, pretty girl with a disease that will slowly kill me....Because the medicines don't cure you...the meds that the dr's give just supress the disease..but through time they stop working, what are you supossed to do then? Well I started doing research and found out that with lupus..you have start eating healthy! I started eating healthy ....then turned to having a vegan eating lifestyle! I also started finding out about other supplement or natural remedies for athritis pain, fatigue and swellingness.....One absolute great remedy I got involve of taking was the THE Goji berry juice. I started drinking that juice and found drastice improvement...more drastic then the vegan diet. So I am feeling better now, can actually start working full time again even..but I like sharing this info that I carefully research that I am getting better by eating the vegan way and drinking this Goji berry juice, even my dr's appt are less...no procrit injections know high blodd pressure, no high cholesteral...God asnwered my prayers. So if you would stop suffering and want to get better, go the the following links:

www.lupusrecoverydiet.com
    www.fior.freelife.com

do the research, by eating the vegan way and drinking this juice..I finally got my Life back!!!

ps.
    also I found that dr's will not think by changing your eating habits will help your disease....but think about it...you are what you eat...and my dr's cannot explain why I am getting better...do the research..and you will see.
    What do you got to loseanyhow!?!

:? I don't know if I agree with changing the eating habits & so forth. I think you have to try what's best for you..I myself don't have crappie eating habits & I have maintained my current weight for over 2 years. Just because we all have Lupus doesn't mean that what works for one person will work for everyone. I think before anyone one thinks about changing something in their diets they need to check with their doctors b/c you never know what will interact with your medications. But this is just my personal opinion on the topic.

Have a great evening

Thanks

Default do the research

I will not debate on people's opinion...just for everyone to know, I don't want to be known as a person who is going to sit on this blog and complain and cry about my lupus...some people like to stay sick because of the attention they get..but for those people out there that are severely suffering from the pain and the lupus has dibilitiated them..go to my links and also research other links, educated yourself Help Yourself..like the bible says god helps those who helps yourself!

So don't give me your opinions, Lupus almost killed me 3 times...and I gotten so much better from just eating healthy, which means whole wheat, soy products, non-dairy and no meat, I went to a certified nutrionist and she as a educated professional knew what kind of diet lifstyle I was talking about and was the only doctor that agreed with me that this may improve my health!
    Besides poeple always come up to me now and they what have I been doing to look so good, especially those poeple closest to me that know what I have been through. So I must inform my experiences..cause I know it can help someone out there who severely suffereing...

I am positive person and with Lupus you have to stay positive! So please do not give me your opnions ..it sounds to me you are not really suffering...by your response it sounds like you don't know what your talking about but just criticizing me for what..to give some notion of hope..you have educate yourself with this disease cause the Dr's can give you the run around!

educate yourself first then give your educated opinions!!!

Thanks

I think all they are trying to say is that what works for one doesn't always work for someone else and that you have to find the right fit for you... Like some people with Lupus can eat soy, while others can't because it puts them into flares... I don't think anyone was trying to attack you or anything... And sharing opinions is what this board is for! If you aren't willing to listen to someone else's opinion, why should anyone listen to yours?

And I don't think anyone here has a right to judge who is suffering and who isn't! So, just because your way doesn't necessarily work for everyone don't get bent out of shape when they express that! I have heard a lot of people get good results from the Lupus Recovery Diet... But, I have also heard from people who had no change!

I don't get bent out of shape when people talk about God! It works for them, it doesn't work for me. NO REASON to get bent!

Thank you for the recommendation, and I am very glad it is working for you! But, PLEASE don't belittle anyone or their illness on this board!! THAT is not what this board is here for!!!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Hear Hear SoleSinger. We all have enough going on in our lives dealing with this, we don't need someone on our SUPPORT board judging us because we don't agree with them. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and the great thing about this board is we all respect that. I'm sorry but if you can't respect others then maybe you don't belong here. And that is MY opinion.
    As for myself, my diet is limited enough with stuff that there isn't much more I can eliminate. So what works for one definitely doesn't work for all, and getting mean and judgemental with someone who doesn't agree with you is just plain mean and wrong. I'm sure we would ALL love not to have to live with this disease but I'd also like to be rich. Some things just aren't meant to be and we have to make the most of what we do have.
    We are here for support and to learn about our illness, not to be judged with how we deal with things we are going through.

Thanks

First off let me say I got plenty of attention in my life BEFORE I was dx'd with SLE. That comes from having a personality.

Second, I have met some vegans, without SLE, that I look healther than with SLE. Give me your "opinion" on that.

How dare you insinuate that this site is for people to just complain and cry and not be proactive about thier disease and because some one does not agree with what helped you, we are looking for attention. Trust me Darlin', if I thougt eating a wheat sandwich and not chasing it with a glass of milk would make this go away, and never come back, I would start the "wheat, soy, non-dairy asssocitation" and make you president.

Now, there's my opinion, and like yours, it's not up for debate.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am a cynic by nature, so fiorny1 forgive if i say that i don't think that u even have lupus . Judging by the way that you made reference to the product,
    I quote :

So if you would stop suffering and want to get better, go the the following links....
    also your final footnote

What do you got to loseanyhow!?!
    sounds like a sales pitch to me.

I think in future, we all should try and educate ourselves about the techniwues sales people use.
    This is a ver serious illness, and should be treated with respect. Not money made from it.
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

Let me start by saying that I used to be a huge fan of this site...I would come on every day just to read that others were going through what i was going through and read their stories. I think this will be the last time i do so. I see know that all people want to do is judge and criticize.

I have read The Lupus Recocvery diet and am now a patient of the DOCTOR that the author saw. I follow a vegan diet...but its not just about that...more about staying away from processed and refined foods....I also see my rheumatologist regularly....And i do agree and believe that what works for one does not work for all...but I also believe that we are all suffering and struggling with this disease and I have been struggling from day one to find answers! I refuse to sit back and just accept this disease...I want to try anything/everything. But most of all If i found something that worked for me, I would certainly want to share with others...if I could help even one person that would be amazing!

It really really saddens me that people can be so close-minded to not accept that there is more out there than just tradition medicine...I get that and expect that from my rheumatologist, but would expect that others in my shoes would be just as frustrated with disease that they too would want to try other ways..or at least LISTEN to hear what others have tried.

Thank you Fior for sharing your experience and wanting to help others....I am sorry that you were not welcomed with open arms.