Thread: Cold nose-wear nosecover -Anyone else with this problem?

Thanks

Default Cold nose-wear nosecover -Anyone else with this problem?

I have borderline lupus and Raynaud's. I frequently have a cold nose and therefore the air is not warmed or cleansed when it enters my nose. I have read that bacteria can enter the nose and mess up your immune system and that the cold air can effect heart and lungs. My heart doctor confirmed the heart and lungs part. The part about the bacteria is not confirmed. I ordered a nosecover last year and the salesperson from the internet site said that people with lupus use these nosecovers. My rheumy said never heard of a cold nose from Raynauds or lupus. I have, however. seen it in lists of symptoms. Please let me know if any of you have this problem or know about it? It happens in cold weather and in air conditioning. Thanks. Iamcalm.

Thanks

I too get the cold nose :lol:
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

I have Raynaud's very bad and I get a cold nose. When it gets really bad my nose will even turn bright red. You can definately get Raynaud's in your nose, ears, toes, and fingers. I think I've even read you can get it in your tongue. When mine gets really bad in the winter I can lose blood all the way up to my knees - it's really hard to walk without any feeling below your knees!

I take extended release Procardia and that really helps with the Raynaud's. I can tell a big difference when I forget to take it.

Thanks

I also have Raynaud's and my nose, chin, ears, hands, and feet get veryveryvery cold. So, if you're crazy, at least you're not alone [img]!! Good luck and let me know if you find any relief![/img]

Thanks

I have lupus and raynaurds too and yes I get a cold nose, ears, fingers, and toes. In the spring, summer, fall and winter. The doc says to wear wool socks and gloves. I say try that in the summer and let me know how it works. I have never heard of a nose cover (warmer). What's it look like.

Thanks

Hee...I don't have Raynauds, but I definitely do always have a cold nose. (and feet and hands) Even in summer.
    It's like an ice cube...I don't think it's ever actually warm.
    I've never heard of a nose warmer before, but usually I just wear a baggy shirt or sweater and then pull it up and tuck my nose into it so just my eyes are peeking out.
    And at night I'll pull the blankets right up over my head to warm it up.
    And I'm usually wearing two pairs of socks, too.
    It's weird because the circulation seems fine, but I have noticed that the more stressed out or tired I feel, the worse the coldness gets.
    Sometimes my temp plummets and I get full body shivering action and goose bumps too.
    The only thing that helps get my body heat back up is a nice warm bath and a cup of warm tea.
    Ita erat quando hic adveni