Thread: having wisdom tooth removed

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default having wisdom tooth removed

Hi everyone.

Need to have my wisdom tooth removed.

The last time i had it removed i nearly fainted of all the pain.!!! <not kidding>

Has anyone had to go through the same ordeal lately.

please i need some advice, about what to do, any alternate methods of removal, anything that could lessen the pain.

ANYTHING

:cry: :cry:

thanx in advance

Thanks

Hey Morpheus:

I sympathize. Last year, I had two wisdom teeth removed and earlier this year I had a molar removed. I have found that I really need to be asleep to have these procedures done. If you can find an oral surgeon that does that, it is worth the cost. My insurance didn't cover the anesthesia, but I thought it was well worth the out-of-pocket expense. I closed my eyes to blink, and it was over. Ask your dentist about IV anesthesia.

Thanks

I had two wisdom teeth out last spring and with my husband being in the military, the government wouldn't pay for an oral surgeon. I had to find a dentist that was experienced in the area and just had my mouth numbed. They wanted to do one bottom tooth at a time (going in twice), but I decided to get them done all at once. It was a very uncomfortable experience and the pain killer didn't take all the pain away. Mainly I hated hearing my teeth breaking and feeling them pulling at my jaw. My advice is to be really diligent about using the salt water to swish your mouth out with. I didn't do it enough and ended up with an infection. I found out sea salt works better. Once the infection set in, the antibiotics didn't work and the only thing that helped was washing my mouth out with chlorophyll from the health food store (it's a natural antibiotic). Good luck and make sure to stock up on icecream, mashed potatoes, soup or whatever is easy to eat without teeth!

Thanks

I completely understand about being worried. I had all four of mine pulled at the same time. I would ask for any anesthetic, The doctor just numbed my mouth but if I had to do it all over again I would ask for something stronger.
    Jello is great or any thing that goes down without having to bite down to hard. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica