Thread: lupus and MS

Thanks

Default lupus and MS

Hi, I have had Lupus almost 20 years. 5 years ago I had a very bad spell with MS like symptoms. Had work-up but Dr. could not say one way or the other for sure. Recently had a brain MRI because of some symptoms I mentioned to PCP. Showed lesions in brain like MS. Going in 2 weeks for another MS work-up but PCP feels I may indeed have MS because of my history and now the lesions. Does anyone know anyting about someone having both? Can lupus cause brain lesions?

Thanks

Nancy, CNS lupus affects the brain and central nervous system and it can cause symptoms similar to MS. There is also a condition called mononeuritis multiplex which is very common with lupus. These conditions are generally treated by a neurologist - sounds like you need to see one asap. If it is MS, there are new treatments available that could really help.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I like to know as much as possible when I go to a dr. I will research the 2 things you said. I would much rather it 'just' be lupus than another disease. I have learned a lot of new info from reading the post on this site. But, I feel really old. Everyone seems to have had lupus just a few years or less. nancy

Saysusie is online now Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nancy;
    I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1985 (oops, I'm dating myself) and am now in remission or downgraded to "Mild Lupus". So, not all of us here are young or new to this disease and yes, many of us live very long, relatively normal lives with Lupus.
    We are here to help you in any way that we can. Don't think that this is the a fatal diagnoses, it is chronic but can be managed!!

Peace and BLessings
    Saysusie