Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Feel like a pill popper anyone?

Thanks

Default FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

TODAY MY DOCTOR AND i SPENT 30 MINUTES.....He asked, "Kathy how are you?" ANd BOY did I ever tell him. I was not insulting, but insulted. I told him everything I posted I would say here. I looked directly into his eyes, and he did NOT interrupt (something drs. are prone to do as they are in such a damn hurry.) I did NOT raise my voice, but spoke kinda like Clint Eastwood, LOL. And he actually not just "saw" me but HEARD me.
    He agreed that it was indeed silly to have 30 day supply on some drugs. He also sympathized and was apologetic about looking at me as "drug seeking." He said, "Hmmm...you have lost 15 lbs in three weeks...are you taking the double prednisone like I asked?" Wow did I ever go off on HIM! I said," if you read your messages you would understand that I am in constant nausea HELL! DON'T even bother telling me to never take them on an empty subject. I am no idiot who would do that unless directed!" I told him it was unconscionable that he would put me in chemo without effective nausea meds. Then his eyes got wide and I swear he was sweating under his turban!
    Then he proceeded t complain about his staff not getting his messages to him. I told him that if he didn't have the b-lls to deal with them, I WOULD
    He said, no, i have already made up my mind. The person responsible will be fired on Friday. And I already have a replacement for her.
    When I mentioned that I had educated myself in this disease, he sat back and said, "Well, what do you want to try if you just can't take MTX?" I told him, well, let's try Imuran. Or Cellcept. Or even rytuxan as a last resort. HE could not BELIEVE I knew about that drug...he has only studied it two months ago. so I got some respect there.
    He looked into my eyes and begged me not to go to another dr., as HE wants the distinct privilege of helping me get my LIFE back. He also told me that he enjoyed me, because most of his patients have given up and just take whatever without care. He said I have a tiger by the tail kind of spirit (whatever that means) and that means as much as any meds do.
    He gave me Raglan to take three times a day. (I already feel better.) If I go in on next wed. and I'm not better, he will try compazine.
    LET ME SAY THIS: before this board, I never would have had this much know-how about my disease, nor the FIGHT I have chosen. May God deeply and richly bless you ALL! Love, your Kathy

Thanks

You go girl! I am so proud of you! If the reglan doesn't work, ask him to prescribe zofran or kytril, which are specifically intended to treat chemotherapy-induced nausea and work far better than compazine or phenergan. They are expensive but worth the price - and with kytril, you only need a pill a day.

Thanks

Good for you, Littlered! :lol:

You really showed him and I'm sure he will treat you very differently and with the respect that you deserve from now on!

I hope that the new anti-nausea drugs really help and if they don't, I hope that your doctor finds something that does and A.S.A.P.!

Keep well!

Thanks

Thanks, y'all. I ate a FULL breakfast and it is staying down! *happy happy joy joy" dance...love, Kathy

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Littlered;
    Let me say, once again, I AM SOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! Armed with information, educated about your disease, knowing what your rights are, and not afraid to stand up for yourself!! You are our new "Poster Girl".
    From now on, he will be asking you what you want to do!!!!

Much Pride and Love
    Saysusie

Thanks

WOW! If she was here, I'd have my granddaughter do one of her cheers for you. You must feel so vindicated! We're all doing a giant cheer for you...can you hear it? It's coming from every corner of the country, Sister! Way to go!!

Bless you!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

I know how hard that is. I have been trying to talk to my doctor like that for ages! You will be my inspiration at my next visit.