Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feel like a pill popper anyone?

Thanks

Default Oh, for the days...

when all I had in my medicine chest was toothpaste and deodorant!! Now I can't even fit all my meds in the medicine chest...I have a medicine cabinet in my kitchen. Pills for everyday....pills for when I'm feeling too antzy...pills for when I hurt...pills for when I'm too down...pills to help me sleep...hey WAIT a minute...what's this pink one? well, I must need it....*gulp*...LOL

Thanks

Yesterday I took 20 pills plus 2 rx drinks. Today they upped my dose (add 2 pills a day!).

I have three pill organizers (am, pm, and vitamins), a canister of rx drink mix in the kitchen, plus an emergency dose in a fourth organizer in my purse (I tend to forget things...!) That's just for my standard stuff. Now I'm fighting pleurisy etc and on medrol and ibuprofen which I haven't even tried to fit in the organizers yet. Guess you know what I'll be doing tonight.

The organizers are great - I don't have to think about what I'm supposed to take in the morning when I'm still asleep or at night when I'm too tired to care. And if I do forget, I have a visual reminder of it 12 hours later, which usually explains away some weird symptoms I'd had that day!

Thanks

I am completely understanding this thread! I am on about 20 different prescriptions including the lotions and creams. I currently take about 40 regular pills and 1-10 as needed pills everyday. I have been over 50/day. I have 3 pill organizers including one that has AM, Noon, PM and Bed separated. I got to where I couldn't remember which pill to take when or even tell some of them apart so I had to go to the 6 speparation system. I have 3 alarms set on my phone to remind me to take pills. Frankly it is ridiculous.

I get so sick of popping pills that there are days I have flat out refused to take them. I just feel rebelious and say I just can't deal with it today. That hasn't happened lately because I have had a recent flare and I just can't afford to miss a single pill.

Thanks

Glad you found the multiple container strategy, it is easier than figuring it out every day! I'll have to try the cell phone alarms - I tend to forget to take the meds and then have to stay up very late (can't take the last med until 2 hours after the prior evening set...)
    I made it back to work today for a few hours (first time this week). My boss is kind of clueless especially since I don't look sick (hah) and I don't like to talk about personal medical stuff at work. So I figured I'd drive the point home and told him I had to take 24 pills yesterday. The look on his face was priceless. Maybe he won't send me any more emails about making up my missed time, huh?

Thanks

Hi! yes five years ago i very rarly too a pain killer for a head ache now i am on over 30 pills a day my husband sorts them out for me that why i,m not sure of the amount plus my lollipop pain killers i do get very depressed especialy when the pain meds are not doing what they are suppose to which is daily at the moment.carolferxx

Thanks

welll, my new doc yesterday took me off one medication, but then prescribed three more. That puts me up to 15 different medications per day. Then, after next week, he will replace the prednisone with something else and he said probably more meds, depending on how my kidneys look.
    I am going to HAVE to buy a pill organizer. Who is the maker of that one that you use, Peach? can you tell me where you got it, or is it online?
    the thing is, sometimes I don't know if I am remembering "Yes, I took that one already today" or if I am simply recaling taking it yesterday. Does this make sene to anybody else in here: Or am I ust off on one of my lupus brain fogs?

Thanks

The Organizer I have is by MedSun, Cepia LLC. I purchased it at Target and they had several different varieties. It was reasonably priced too, I just don't remember exactly how much right this minute. It is a pretty purple color. I spend about 30 minutes every Sunday evening filling it up for the week.

Hope that helps.
    - Peach

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right". - Mary Kay Ash

Thanks

Default FYI

If you're packing pills, take along proof that they're yours
    Carrying medication in original bottles may be bulky, but that's the law.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/column...vel-columnists

Thanks

Default Well we're safe from one group lecturing us about our meds

Since I assume all the most visible Hubbardites with be out of the country at TomKat's wedding this weekend....

Thanks

Default Just Diagnosed

Well i was just diagnosed i have never been a pill popper and now all of a sudden i have to take 1,2,3,4,5,6.... 6 pills a day, now thats not something i want to get used to is it?