Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel like a pill popper anyone?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Feel like a pill popper anyone?

Is anyone else sick of all the pills several times a day? I think it's a love/hate relationship. I'm grateful the meds help me lead a semi-normal life, but I hate the side effects and withdrawal I go through when trying to cut back. I hate being dependent on the stuff!

Thanks

I know that is a real thorn in my side. I used to be a person that didn't take any meds. I didn't want anything in my body that was not supposed to be there. Now I take 12 pills a day just to function. I was in denial for a long time. I have tried when I was first diagnosed to not take any meds thinking that nothing would happen. Boy was I wrong. You live and learn. I use to see my grandmother take all her pills and I couldn't imagine that being me. Time changes everything. Time also changes your perspective.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

I'm definately a polypharmacy! The worst part is that you just can't take them all at once and get it over with either. Some are on an empty stomach while others have to be with food and some can't be taken at the same time as the others because of drug interactions. It's so frustrating. For the longest time the only med I took for the lupus was prednisone and then the IV cytoxan treatments. Now I take 8 different meds by mouth. I HATE PILLS But what ya gonna do when you need to feel better :lol:
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Yes, I admit it... I am a PILL POPPER! Pills taken with food, pills taken 2-3 hrs after a meal OR 1 hr before a meal :roll: I take my prednisone with my breakfast. Then I'll be hungry again soon afterwards, but, I can't eat anything until 2-3 hrs later, because I need to take my other medicine. So I starve until then. And after I take that medicine, I have to wait another hr, before I can eat again. Aaaaaaaahh! :x Then with those darn headaches we get, I'd be popping a tylenol here and there. Call me a drug addict! :crazyeyes:

Thanks

Yep... Just hand me a bottle of Vodka, and I will be Karen Walker from Will and Grace!

"Honey... what's going on here? What is that? What are you doing?"
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Hi there:

My husband is a real no meds man and he is always trying to tell me I'm sick because I take too many pills. I am presently only on placquenil and advil and am suffering like hell. About a month ago I got tired of listening to him and went off my placquenil and advil. Put my self in a real flare in my colon and had to go on antibiotics (x2) and my joints and muscles hurt so much I couldn't hardly move, sores on my head and mouth, exhaustion and rash on my arms. Went back on both about three weeks ago but still in bad shape. Lesson to all of this? Husbands sometimes are "stupid". Am this day off to my rhummy's for tests and prednisone.

Thanks

You need to listen to your doctor I know your husband means well, but he does want you healthy ???? Tell him to be healthy my body needs these meds. He does want the best for you or he would not have even said anything about your meds.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

I think it's ideal to think of a life without meds. But let's get realistic, in order to HAVE a life, sometimes you need them. That's really hard to admit because I've always been the type to go to natural doctors and try suppliments before prescription meds. For me, the trick has been to find the lowest dose my body needs to feel okay. I don't want to take more than I need because of the side effects. And I understand about your husband wanting you to get off the stuff. Mine does to. But he has come to realize he'd rather have me taking pills that I need than listen to me moan in pain. Take care of yourself and hopefully the prednisone will kick in soon. It worked really fast for me the first time!

Thanks

Default I do!

I was just thinking about this today. I feel like I need to go get one of those plastic organizer boxes with AM, MID AM, NOON, MID PM, PM, BED written on seperate compartments.

Thanks

Hey, I have one of those organizers, and it works wonders. There is one time of day that I don't have to take pills, and that is at lunch time. I keep tylenol and painkillers in that spot in case of emergency. The great thing about the case that I bought is that it has a little case inside for each day of the week that can be completely taken out so I can take just the pills for that day in my purse, or if I go somewhere for the weekend, I can just take those three days, not the whole seven day case. It makes me feel like a little old lady sometimes (I mean 15 pills a day, jeez!) but it makes me remember better when and how to take the stupid things.
    - Peach

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right". - Mary Kay Ash