Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOOKING FOR JESSICA !!

Thanks

Default LOOKING FOR JESSICA !!

I've been thinking about you all day. How's that heartburn (I thought maybe it was that you were just missin' us so bad....smile).

Seriously, I hope you feel better....it's not easy but we're here for you - so scream on your keyboard if you have to.

Love to you,
    Browneyedgirl

Thanks

I'm here I still have the worst nausea and heartburn EVER !!!!!! The doctor said to try some ginger. My sister went out and bought me this drink called ginger beer {it has no alcohol} it's more of the same as a root beer but this is so spicy. I could only drink a half a glass. She also bought me some ginger snaps --- which makes up for the spicy drink. My husband said that they make ginger capsules ???? He said that the pharmacist says to look at a whole foods store. The drink did take away some of the nausea and heartburn but it came back quickly I guess I would have to munch on these all day to keep the ickys away.
    The doctor said there was a med. that he could give me but that would make me drowsy most of the day. He said that if I wanted to take 3 of the methtrexate pills next time I could try that and if that doesn't work go to 2 pills.
    Thanks for thinking of me. That means more than you think.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

Does Pepto-Bizmal work...or safe for you to use???

Hang in there-
    Browneyedgirl

p.s. I go in tomorrow, it appears the Lupus may be into my lungs.....say a prayer.

Thanks

I will be praying for you, Thanks for all the wonderful emails.
    I really don't even want to go there. I throw up as soon as I swallow the pink stuff, not only that but the malantia does the same thing to me.
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I will also pray that God gives your doctor wisdom.

Thanks

hi pinkjmf:

Just ran across your post and hope you are feeling better with your heartburn. I have some things that work for me, mostly things to avoid as I have a hiateus hernia (probably spelled it wrong). Anyway, on the avoid list stay away from any kind of citrus (fruit or juice), tomatoes, coffee, black tea, and spices. Also stay away from any cola's or carbonated drinks, yes this includes ginger beer.

Get real ginger (fresh), that you can buy at any large store like Safeway and cut it in small slices, not the hole piece but a good size piece (2 inches). Put some water in a saucepan on to boil and add the ginger. Slow boil for about 15 minutes and drink. You can add some honey if you like to sweeten and you will find that it will be very soothing for you tummy and good for heartburn. Since you are already in a bit of a heartburn flare it might take a few days if you follow this to settle down. I also find yougert to be helpful. Good luck.

Patricia (beautifulbeluga) from Canada

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your heartburn. That's so miserable. I have had terrible heartburn before. Have you ever tried drinking Apple Cider Vinegar? It doesn't taste the greatest, but it really works. It balances out your ph so your body isn't acidic anymore. You find it in the health food section. I like the Spectrum brand best, but Braggs is okay, too. Just take 1-2 tablespoons several times a day as needed. I like it cold best, but some say it tastes better room temperature or diluted in water. If you research apple cider vinegar online, there are alot of health benefits to taking it every day. Good luck!

Thanks

Default VINNIE ANYONE??

Hi All !

My sister lives in the New England area. Every afternoon they take a "vinnie" break; I was curious to find out what a "vinnie" was!!

She turned on the tea kettle, poured a shot of apple cider vinegar in her mug....with a good "spot" o' water...and wha'lah...I met vinnie! (smile)

Vinnie and I have been goin' steady for quite some time; and yes, it is absolutely wonderful TONIC (smile).

Hope all is well.

Life is good, love is better
    Browneyedgirl

Thanks

I will have to try that. Who knows Vinnie and I may become good friends. I am feeling a lot better. I'm guessing that it is just going to be a day by day sort of thing.

Thanks

Oh my! What does Vinnie taste like? Is this potion just for heartburn or is this something that people actually enjoy consuming? Inquiring minds want to know! Sunshine101

Thanks

Ooops, I forgot! Jessica, you absolutely have got to keep us posted on your treatment. We are all rallying for you! Sunshine101