Thread: New & need your help with some info.

Thanks

Default New & need your help with some info.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the board and I need your help. Recently we'd just found out that our teen age daughter has Lupus. And in the past 2 weeks she seems to have flares with rashes and fever and it went on for every few days. She seems to have fever (103) at night and in the early morning, but for some reason, she seems to be alright in the afternoon. Of course being the parents we are very concerns, it's especially hard on my wife.
    I understood these are the "flares" sympstoms. But can anyone here give us some info. on how to prevent the "flares" or any REMEDIES that you know.
    We are greatly appreciates for any info., and thank you in advance.

God bless.

CA
    concern father

Thanks

Default Daughter with Lupus

It is hard to prevent flares, but there are some things you can do...you probably already know these, but here goes.

Wear suncreen out doors. The sun is evil to Lupies.
    Wear a hat outdoors...not doing so can lead to hair loss.
    Make sure you understand when to call the doctor. (Does he/she know about the fever? I am instructed to call with fevers.)
    Tell the dentist before your daughter has any invasive dental work. He/she will need to take extra precautions.
    Get her a medic alert bracelet as soon as possible. Seeing as how she is a teenager, I would make her pick it out. If she doesn't like it, she WON"T wear it. You can do this online.
    Be patient...at some point she will be put on steroids. A teenager on steroids, scary thought.
    Purchase Dr. Wallace's book on Lupus. It is a big help to me and my family. Also, encourage her to have a strong concealer handy for when the wolf mask presents. It will make her less conscious of her appearance. She should go to the department stores and try some on to make sure she will be able to use it.

I tell myself everyday that this disease will go into remission tomorrow....and it can. You and your family need to believe and hope for that as well.
    Jen

Thanks

Thank you for the info. We will try what you had suggested. Once again thank you.

CA